Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sept thursday

Another long stretch since my last post.  Yes.  No excuse.  Just life lately.  Been doing a bunch of camping in the past few weeks to squeeze in as much as possible before campgrounds close for the year.

This is my apple harvest for the year.  Last year we planted 3 trees.  Unfortunately our deer population is pretty healthy, and I think that's what ate quite a few leaves and branches this past winter/spring.  Soooo.... I picked my apples today.  I have yet to cut them open.  One has a little hole in it, but I'm just tickled to have something, and I'll cut around it.  I can't remember what kind they are.  And I think I might need to trim some of the damage out of the other 2 trees.  Guess I'll have to google it.
 And this is what I was doing last weekend, too.  My granddaughter celebrated her 1st birthday.  She wasn't so sure about the cake and all the people.  But we are working on both of those things.  Hoping to have a little spoilage time this weekend.  Isn't that what it's all about??
 I'm working on reading.  Alot of reading. This is my current read.  I also finished up a good one on my Kindle yesterday.  Max Lucado - Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe...check that one out too.

 
I know it's not much, but right now it's all that I've got... see you soon...

1 comment:

Cheryl | Time To Craft said...

Lovely to have the two apples. We've had problems with the deer pruning our trees around blossom time, but I don't think we've had trouble with the apples. Lovely photo of your granddaughter on her birthday. How lovely to be there to celebrate with her. Thanks for visiting my blog. Gave me a good excuse to pop over to yours.