Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Yarn Along in October

"The Yarn Along began in early Fall 2010 as a weekly way to share knitting projects and good reads; motivating ourselves, and inspiring each other.  After a hiatus during 2017, it returned in January 2018 as a monthly link up. On the first Wednesday of each month, knitters, and a few crocheters as well, link up and share what they are knitting along with what they are reading. The link up remains open all month long. I hope you’ll join our Yarn Along community. It’s a sweet little place to share, inspire, and encourage each other." Ginny Sheller at Small Things

My present scorecard is reading much higher in the reading and pretty low in the knitting.  I've been reading pretty strongly for the past few months.  My hubby and I spent a week relaxing at a Cape Cod VRBO.  It was soooo lovely.  We have been getting busier and busier with our work.  And that is wonderful.  But it is also tiring sometimes.  And I just need to be away from people.  So, these are the books I have read recently, along with the 2 I just started.
 I finished The Endless Beach.  I have read all the the Jenny Colgan books I have come across.  The names are all foreign to my ears, and at the beginnings, I often get my characters mixed up.  But by the middle, I'm all sorted out and I usually finish strong!!!
  The Greater Weight of Glory was picked up on Sunday at the church we were visiting in Massachusetts.  They announced that the author would be speaking on Thursday and copies of her book were still available to purchase and read before that.  I went to the beach and read Sunday and read Monday to finish and went Thursday to hear Robin Farnsworth tell her story.  I recommend this as one of my best summer reads...with tissues...I read Britt-Marie was Here, The Little French Bistro, and Hello Universe... plus I caught up with a pile of magazines- ones I had been getting in the mail and a few I picked up before we left....you know, so I didn't run out!
    Now I've finished Time Enough For Drums that my friend Jocie gave me to read.  It was one of her school favorites.  Finished also , The Best Yes.  Just starting In His Place and There Is More.  I was never one to read 2 books at once, but have decided, after all these years, that I can do a fiction and a non-fiction and not mix myself up.

And now the knitting... I did take a bag along.  I worked a bit on a dishcloth, and a shawl...but it was slow and I decided to read more.   But since I only have 3-4 tubs of yarn, I decided a visit to the Yarn Shoppe in sandwich was necessary and I saw a sweater and yarn that I thought should come home with me.  So... I got the light green and a pattern I'm still trying to figure out.  I just really want to knit something lovely.  My last decent attempted knitting project turned into my vest-from-hell that is now several balls of yarn in a basket.   I had some questions, so I went back to the shop the next day, and some more yarn called to me from the shelf.  Yes.  I purchased more.  The picture looks blue, but it is so much more.  I don't know what it will make yet, but it will make me happy.


























What are YOU reading and knitting?  Share in your comments.  I can't wait to hear about it.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to be fully engaged in reading and knitting simultaneously? The times I have tried this I discovered I simply can not be totally engaged while knitting and reading a book at the same time, joy from doing either is lost.

Deb said...

Looks like some mighty good reading has been going on. Love those yarn colors.