Thursday, July 5, 2018

Yarn Along..

Hello!  I have been so lax on yarn alonging.  Even reading them.  And they are only monthly.  Perhaps that's my problem.  The month gets away from me and I realize I haven't gotten through the links.  I used to keep track on this weekly post, and on some reading challenge blogs and comments, of all kinds of books that sounded like I would like to read them.  So here I try again... more reading... a bit of knitting... actually more sewing right now, but still keeping those plates spinning..

From Ginny at Small Things..."~Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here. I would love for you to join me each month and share what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! Post your photo(s) on your blog or on Instagram (#yarnalong) and then share a link below to either your blog or Instagram post!~

Here I am.  In my reading chair.  Reading a ton..  It's pretty hot out and unfortunately, I'm not real productive outside in this heat.  This was on my kindle and I finished this..and it's a series,
The Brickmaker's Bride, Refined by Love Series #1   -     By: Judith Miller































#2: The Potter's Lady  -     By: Judith Miller
so I've already started on this one


































And I read one of the best books and then another non-fiction that I've read in a looong time.  Actually, I think I'm on a roll.  I read this for a book group.
 Unexpected: Leave Fear Behind, Move Forward in Faith, Embrace the Adventure  -     By: Christine Caine

 Haven't been in one of those in years, and I think it could be pretty fun.  But I've been once, and will be gone for the second book.  This was a group of ladies and I'd only met one.  But by the end of the coffee time (yeah, I had iced tea cuz I don't do coffee) I knew them each a little more.  And they brought up this Rachel Hollis book, that I picked up, read, and LOVED!  I've passed mine to a friend, bought another and passed that one, too.  I think I might just turn around and read it over again.  GIRL, WASH YOUR FACE...  get it.. read it... live it...

 The second in this picture is the book they are reading for mid-July when I'm going to be gone, but I want to read it.  And I started it and it's also GOOD!  I usually tend to get distracted easily when I'm reading non-fiction.  And I don't do well reading 2 books at once, but a fiction and a non-fiction together are working for me this summer and perhaps it's just the books I'm reading, but feeling good about it.  And feeling a little guilty about not knitting.  So I dragged out several project bags... and found things I had forgotten about.  I think there are 2 in my camper, waiting for a peaceful camping trip.  None so far this year.  And then among the others I found these.  Do you find things you have forgotten and then really don't have a good idea of where you are and where to start?  It's wing it or frog it time...
There's a Christmas stocking for when I found out Elliana was a girl.  A nice cotton dishcloth.  A brown scarf from an alapaca I met personally several years ago and a scarf of sock yarn.  There is enough yarn in my crafty room to be snowed in for awhile and not run out.  If all else fails, there's that dark green vest yarn...

So now head on over to Yarn Along and see what the others are doing and reading...




And I've got to figure out how to post and move stuff around again...

No comments: