Saturday, September 25, 2021

I'm Still Missin You

 The calendar pages just keep flying by.  I look at the list of blogs I have followed over the years and who is still posting.  I have taken to watching youtube vlogs.  I have my people I follow.  And most don't know I exist.  These people mostly have thousands of followers. 

 Over time, life has seemed to narrow my friends group.  It's bound to happen.  Kids grow up, interests change, your life direction shifts, people move (even a little) and you don't easily connect or bump into people.  Even a small thing like buying books and borrowing on the Kindle app, keeps me out of the Library and socializing there.  This was happening before Covid sucked so much life and hope out of our souls.  I often pine for the days gone by when getting together was spontaneous and frequent.  When someone would drop in.  When I'd mix up an apple crisp and make a call for someone to come and eat it.  For the days when kids would drag other kids home and our table expanded to fit all of the hungry.

May be an image of 4 people, people standing, tree and outdoors

But this is where we are now.  We have kids and in-laws and grandkids.  Wonderful babies and toddlers and talkers and runners.  And this is what a family picture looks like when you blend.  When you learn how to work it out together.  And when you've come out the other side with a appreciation for the blessings you have.  Excuse the uphill and downhills in the photo.

It hasn't always been easy.  Somedays it's not easy now.  But it is so, so worth it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you too... I pray you retreat often to share your gift of writing... I still believe you have a marvelous, delightful and useful book (or 10) in you.