Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Yarn Along Sept 9

Here it is!  Another Yarn along post!  Amazing, I know...

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here. I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! Share your photo on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~" Ginny at Small Things

I spent a little time this long weekend working on math and knitting.  Green vest knitting.  I figured out close enough where my extra stitches were and I got a row across and then a back again.  Now I've got the life line back in and I'm ready to go again.  WOW!  That lifeline really was.  Makes you think about people with no hope - what do you do when you've got no life line??  I have family, friends, church family and GOD.  That's enough lifeline to get me through the days and nights.  Not always easy, knitting this life together, but it's OK, and for the most part, I think I'm right where I'm supposed to be...no matter how frustrated, confused, or just plain crazy it is...
But, because it's taken me too long to get straightened back out, knitting, I mean,  the green vest did not come to work with me today.  Instead I grabbed the cotton dishcloth I was working on.  I've taken to doing YO's and K2T rows on my dishcloths, after my mom said she didn't really like cotton knitted dishcloths, because they got stinky before they got dry.  So I put more air in mine and I'm seeing how that works out.  And if it's a total bust, it will still wash some dishes.  I don't have to wear it and advertise my booboo's.   I also have a project bag with the brown alpaca shawl floating around.  Mindless knitting project.  It's needed right now.  I put some more stuff to right in my creative spot downstairs, and came across the Christmas stocking started a few years ago...which reminded me I really want to knit some more warm socks... I should have kept that up, because now I'll have to REMEMBER.... but the project room is coming together and I'm thinking if I get the scrapbook corner in any kind of order, I'll be ahead of the game.  Which just reminded me that I forgot to bring my sewing machine along to drop it off for an oil change and tune up.  Drats!!  Maybe I'll just have to bring it back tomorrow.
And for Reading, I'm still doing the Fannie Flagg book.  But I've been writing down other Yarn Along books and there's a couple I've looked up on the Library Kindle spot.  I had a small pile of unopened magazines that I worked through this weekend.  Country Living had some paint colors I kind of like and I've got a girl's room that needs converted to a guest room so that there is a place to sleep when kids come home.
How about you?  What's on your needles, hooks, reading tables and nightstand??

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope your dishcloth idea works out! I find mine get sour smelling no matter what I do but the lacier they are the better they do dry!

Karen Sue said...

I did a couple of these and then made a loop on the corner and have used these in my camper and hang them up on the knob over the sink and they dry as fast as I need...not sure my mom is won over yet!

Becki said...

I like a dishcloth with a bit of openness to it, but not too open. I have a couple personal favorite patterns. I've never had a problem with my crocheted cloths getting stinky. When I hear this I wonder how long people use them before washing them? I have a stash so I rarely use mine for more than a couple days in a row. I'd use a fresh one every day except that I'm a little forgetful.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I haven't done any dishcloths...I just can't imagine all that work for dirty dishes. I do like Fannie Flagg though and may pick up this book once the cooler weather comes and I am doing more reading.

karen said...

I love anything fannie flagg writes, she is funny and wonderful!! I've started a new sweater even though I have another sweater on the needles, I'm living on the edge.