Saturday, May 2, 2015

PROGRESS...

this is what has happened...I was starting to pack up my room, and I suddenly realized that I needed some photos... so I took this one which takes in the bookshelves, the piles of yarn in front of it, the place that I cut fabric....the the boxes that I am putting stuff into.
 This is the view standing the other way....standing at the door, looking into the room.  Don't let my mom see this.  She's real neat and that kind of stuff freaks her out.  This is my crafty room, but I'm thinking of calling it my STUDIO...see?  Doesn't STUDIO sound so much more important and creative, then just calling it Mom's Room?? AKA the dumping spot for anything that doesn't have a place...
 It's things like this lovely dresser that needed attention.  It was piled with projects started and leftovers and printouts and patterns, and in front, a couple of tubs of legos that I won't part with and pulled out of a couple of cardboard boxes and tubbed up for future generations of visitors to my house.  Legos are classic, after all.  Just not in the walking area of my room- I mean STUDIO.

 This was the scrapbooking corner.  The place that the scrapbooking stuff has been shuffled and dug through and piled and unstacked and restacked and no one can really find anything...
 SO....I took out a whole bunch of stuff.  Cuz you need to get to the walls, after all, if you're going to paint them.  Not really SURE you need the paint, but hey, if you're going to rip into a room, you may as well paint it.
 So, throw down some old sheets and stuff.  Gotta keep the paint off of the carpet.  Off that table....  That paint guy at Lowe's told me I should put primer on that orange wall first, so I did...
 The tools of my trade.  I really like to do the edges with that short handled brush.  and the microfiber rollers were pretty neat.  I liked them....

 Of course, the other rooms downstairs look just plain scary.  Everything that left the crafty room had to go somewhere, right??  so some went here....
 And some was in this end....yes, notice the white cupboards that used to hold up my cutting board...and that roll of batting...many bags of fabric...it's called a stash.  I have one..more than some, not as much as others...but in case I ever get snowed in, I'm covered.
 Oh, yeah, and the scrapping stuff sort of went here, but then I realized I needed to get in and out of this door, so then we needed to put some here...
 oh, dear.  You see the mess I've created??  and this is a couple of days into the project.  And people LIVE here.  Well, not down here..not right now....no one could live down here, because there is no place for people here.  But soon, very soon...
 How do you feel about Periwinkle walls??  I like them ....after all Periwinkle is the flower of friendship
 And we got that white pegboard trying out, but it's too white, so it's out to the garage for some paint.  The other walls were painted sheepskin...sort of a yellow color...a bit mellower than the yellow before, but even with primer and two coats, I wasn't crazy about the coverage.  A bit streaky.  But with my patience, we just went with it...
 Wasn't sure how to join the two colors, so I tried to blend it, but it turned out yucky, so instead, I did a slanty line.  Much better....
 Maybe I'll have some more picture tomorrow.  I have been at this project for two weeks.  Life happens and distracts me, but I keep plugging away.  The deadline is next Friday.  I may have to stay up a couple of nights.  I vowed not to put stuff back in there that I didn't want.  There are a ton of books that need decided on.  I have some boxes for give away.  The church yard sale is going to see some of this stuff.  I'm liking how it's all turning out, but I'm getting pokey and need to kick it back into gear....
Later....

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks better..you are going to be so excited when you are done....good to see you blogging. I miss your humorous stories

Susan Anderson said...

What a nice, big room. Looks like you are making good strides!

=)

Karen Sue said...

It's been 4 weeks Sue, and right now I'm in Virginia visiting my sister for a long weekend. I've had to start sewing - for my sanity and some deadlines-but will return to the BIG JOB real soon. :o)