Sunday, December 28, 2014

Not much going on here...

Unless you count...




Thanksgiving together... We are the Thanksgiving Meal house.  We started this several years, when hopping between a couple of big feasts left us heavier than we should be and so we decided to just do the cooking. Join us if you want...if not, it's all good.


Christmas prep... oh, it is upon us.  I have to admit, other then my tree, a wreath my friend made me and my outside fall one that I revamped for Christmas, decorating around here was a little sparse.  Always next year.  Oh, yeah.  I did put ornaments of bear heads on my tree in the hallway.  It looks cute.  And it makes me smile when I walk past it.  That counts for something.


Engagement....
My daughter and her boyfriend will be tying the knot the summer of 2016.  Something to keep us busy and crafting!  Always good to have purpose.  Welcome to our family, Chad.

Christmas Crafting....
Let's see....I made 2 flannel couch cozy blankets, two faux fur wraps/shawls, one faux fur cowl, some exercise headbands, and still have some flannel pj bottoms to finish sewing. This was the quilting that I did on one of those couch blankets...for my vet...that one that watches Big Bang Theory...pretty darn cute, right?? .. I started to make a list of projects that are started and need finished and it got too long to fit on my paper....so I stopped.

Baking....
Nope.  Not much of that happened for our own household...but....  Our other church, Conduit, had a special Christmas Collective and they wanted cookies.  Someone stirred up a bunch and baked 600, then we picked up the rest of the dough and brought it home and baked 650 more.  The Christmas event was a huge success.  And they had 200 cookies leftover to donate to another cause.  God is Good - All the Time!!

Basketball...
Bert is into basketball season.  We are bleacher sitters again for a while.  It's ok.  We have friends there and look forward to visiting while we watch games and eat popcorn. 

Job rearranging....
It is time to think of tax season.  It is a crazy, busy time for us.  I look forward to it and seeing those people that I only see at that time.  But it was really almost more than I could juggle last year.  So I've made the decision to drop my vet clinic job for now.  I'm going to miss that place.  Four years of working and learning all about cats and dogs.  Puppies for their first shots and man's best friends for their last ones.  Dogs hit by cars and cats with cuts....and all the itching....  But my other job.  My tax season/accounting job.  It has continued to grow every year.  Instead of a busy time and the rest off time, there is always stuff that needs doing.  Computer entering.  Filing.  Sorting. Arranging.  Preparing.  Wondering why this is here and that is there and alphabetizing.... So, although this is a wonderful blessing to have a busy business, it is just good to know my limits.  And I was there last year, so I'm starting to work it out now for this year.

Traveling....
And soon, very soon, I am taking a few days, just me to go visit my sister.  I two places she lives that I have never seen yet.  I'm anxious to do this.  I've spent months waiting for there to be a good time to go with my mom and daughter on this trip, but waiting has ended and I'm up for a roadtrip...soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

It's been so long since I've commented, i can't remember (yet another) password.... So, not anonymous because I don't want anyone to know... because I'm the sister you are visiting.... and SO VERY EXCITED to have you all to myself, I'm not even trying to set up lunches with friends, even though I want all of them to meet you cause you're such a cool little sister! Thanx Scott for sharing your sweet wife ~ I'll only spoil her a little and praying to send her back refreshed and ready for the crazy of tax season.

Susan Anderson said...

Lots going on at your house. Congrats on your daughter's engagement!

Happy New Year!!

=)