Saturday, November 1, 2014

popcorn and cider

Sittin' here with snow falling outside and feet up.  Fire in the fireplace. And just enjoying doing nothing for a wonderful change.
This morning sleeping in, I had to wake up and answer the phone.  I know, wahwahwah....whiner.  But I do enjoy a good sleep in on occasion.  Most days I have to get up and get moving.  But today, I had a chance and rat!  The phone.  So I got up and puttered around for a bit.  Then collected my garbage together and took it to the dumper truck.  Headed over to my mom's to see what was up with her bathroom project.  Adding on a master bath where there was none, is exciting and invasive.  When workers need to get to the work and they need to go through your bedroom to do it, you lose a bit of privacy.  I keep reminding her that it will soon be done and it will be wonderful.  I even stressed that today by having part of the conversation while sitting in her new tub.  Then I whisked her away to an Open House on an alpaca farm...

 We looked at yarn and knitted items in the farm store, and then we were invited inside.  There were refreshments, and strangers who quickly became friends.  There were knitters and spinners and weavers.  I tried to keep away from the spinners and weavers, because I don't have the room for too many more creative hobbies!  Once inside we found a couple of comfy chairs by a window and took in the scenery...
 Someone or something got them going and they starting running around and ended up down by the barn.  Their pasture area goes right past the large windows we were sitting by....
I had to admire the great bird feeders on the window ledges...open the window and throw in more seeds, no matter how deep the snow.  I thought these were just what I should go home and whip up for my mom...she wasn't quite as convinced.  I thought she would be crazy, happy to have them!!  I'm still working on her about it...






I was very comfortable in this home, with a group of people whom I've never met before, but who all were interested in alpacas, and yarn and knitting and just looked around and thought - yeah, this is good stuff.  And I wanted to grab my knitting and just sit there and knit and visit and listen and enjoy.  But although they were friendly, that probably would have bumped me into kind of a weird category, so I got my mom and we came home.  But we had a great time...with strangers...which really isn't us at all.

Came home, stopping at Necker Company Store to get some potatoes and a slice of ham and whipped up some scalloped potatoes and slow cooked them until supper.  While the snow fell outside....

No comments: