Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Where in the world am I?? Yarn Along

" ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  Ginny at Small Things...
link over and see what everyone is working on...


Does it sometimes seem like you just drop out of the world and spin for a while?  I don't mean spin yarn.  I just mean spin your wheels.  I've been trying a little harder the last couple of days.  Writing lists and crossing things off.  Trying to stay on task.   I'm not so good at that these days.
So, after taking it easy Sunday, and mostly Monday, too, I sat down Monday and typed up a form for a TO DO list for me and ran off a half dozen.  Yes, I have a ton of scrap paper that could be called upon to use for a TO DO list.  But I'm looking to motivate myself and make the list more difficult to lose.  I'm looking to keep on task.  I'm looking to not lose so much time figuring out what was it I wanted to do today??  Or, oh, rats.  I forgot to call and make that appointment.  So Monday, I started making a list for Tuesday...and I got lots done on that list, by gum.  And then last night, I got another sheet, and started the list for today.  And I got to cross a lot off of that list, too.  I still have a little more time for today's list, then it's on to tomorrow.  I have to go to my dog & cat job tomorrow, so the list won't get near as many XX's on it, but I'll put GO TO WORK on there, so I can cross it off!!  Are you a list person???

First there is the checking in for the reading part of the yarn along...  Here are what I had at home this week.  I got them on interloan from my library and then renewed them.  Spinning there, too.  I realllly liked The Feast Nearby a lot.  Thinking about picking up my own copy of that.  I think I'd reference it again.  Mud Season was funny.  OK.  I've become a bit more of a prude.  If there are a lot of cuss words, I return the book.  I don't want someone to tell me that it is dialogue and that's how they talk.  That's really not how my friends and I talk.  So halfway through, I decided back it goes.  The Forest Years I started.  And I'd like to read it.  But I ran out of time.  And although my Library is alright with me renewing more than once, interloan has a limit.  So back it goes.  But I'm also checking on ebay and amazon for a good used copy fairly cheap.  I've found the two separate, but not both books together in this form....still looking.
Then I picked up a couple of other books.  One I had order on interloan again.  I had heard about Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl maybe on Yarn Along.  And then I picked up A Single Shard, which is part of my Newbery Award list...and this Susan Mallery, Already Home.  Think I'd better add READ to my list for tonight and tomorrow!!  Read any good books lately??

THEN -- there is the knitting part of this deal.  This is the grrlfriend market bag.  Haven't tried it out shopping yet, but it is fun to look at!!  I just wanted to try it and see what I could do....
This is the issue I have in my yarn stash right now.  Too much digging and not enough organizing. And I've vowed that I need to work on a WIP at least part of the time, even if I start something new...so....

It's time to drag these back out and get moving.  The stripedy stocking I really like, but I started it on a pretty small needle for this type of yarn, so it makes my fingers hurt, so I can only knit on it for a little while, then I switch it out.  But there is the green vest that I can go with now!   Each time I say this is takes a night to figure out where I am and then I'm good to knit for a while.  Perhaps tonight, after I plant the stuff I bought at the Amish greenhouse today, I can sit and figure a bit.  I really want to wear this vest this winter.  Think that's a possibility??  Hoping, hoping....

Sooooo...do tell.....what are you reading and knitting and yarning on about????

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The market bag was delightful, loved the colour combination.

Susan Anderson said...

I always love when you mention some good books to read.

=)

Hen Jen said...

I like to think I am a list person, but I have a sinking feeling that in reality, I am not. I like to keep my lists in a regular spiral bound notebook, but then, I keep losing them, so I buy another- and now I have 3 small red notebooks in various places and then 2 lavender notebooks also because I decided to move on to a new color after losing all the red ones...
The market bag is cute!
Hope you are having a great Summer!