Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No Yarn Along...

Nope.  There is no Yarn Along today from here.  I haven't done anything with yarn, except move it from this pile to that pile and stack some here and wind some there-move it from this bag to that bag....  Although I did get an AWESOME email that Longmeadow Farm is having an open house in March and it's on a weekend that I'm on a girl thing so it just might fall into the loop...and it might not, but I'm keeping that idea on the back burner.  Lots of things are falling on that weekend and I won't get to do them all, but I'll keep a list and do as much as possible..... or nothing at all ....
But I DID finish the Sea Glass book and then barely started the Once We Were Brothers book.  Dragged around Mother Earth News and Homelife magazines, so I'm counting it as reading, however thin it is!

AND another thing.... I'm confessing that I haven't been very good at regular grocery shopping for the past year or more.  Alot of Sam's Club piles, crazy, fill-the-cart trips to the store, or just what I ran out of...but not really a regular weekly or bi-weekly visit.  The past few weeks, I've been looking at prices.  Things are up, aren't they?  Guess I'm going to need to take that garden a little more serious this summer.  Can and freeze a little more...buy in season and be a little more aware of my food.  How are you adjusting in your households to things in your kitchen?   Are you growing more?  Are you shopping different?  Do you have suggestions for your friends?  OK.  And I just want you to know that I watched a few of those extreme coupon people and that's NOT going to happen.  I may be extreme about somethings, but 4 years supplies of shampoe are not in my future!

Hope you are having a good week.  You know its freezee and just not good for outdoor standing around, so I'm inside right where I belong.  I will say HI to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Larry, who are visiting family in Alaska.  I think it's probably warmer in Anchorage than here somedays.  She sent me a card the other day, just because she was thinking of me.  That's pretty special.  Thanks, Mary, and have a great rest-of-your-visit with those cute boys...and their parents, of course!

No comments: