Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yarn Along january...and some snow angels





~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~  Ginny at Small Things

So, even though it's crazy, busy tax season, I stopped at my Library yesterday...yeah, I know.  Shame on me.  But I found some great stuff calling me from the shelves...  I'm on a wait from the ebook library shelf on The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate and also, The Book Thief.  And there they were!
Also, I picked up the Hunger Games, because my kids have all read a borrowed one and the rest of the series has been purchased and around here, but no book one.  I've watched the movie two or three times and now I want to read it.

I'm still working on that Terribly Simple shawl.  I first typed Simply Terrible and knew that didn't look right.  It's not terrible...just a little slow now and you know how I get that restlessness, so since my size 15 circular has re-appeared from college, I cast on a Drop Stitch Cowl just using some bulky Thick and Quick in my stash.  I have someone I think would wear this in black, and it's pretty quick, so I'm happy to get this going and going fast.  Some days you've just gotta move!
I had those other two books listed last week for my reading, and I'm reading them now. Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson and also Wanda Brunstetter's  The Half-stitched Amish Quilting Club.  But I had a chance on this, so I started and finished it.  Recommend it.  Newbery Honor Book.


But even better than reading and knitting today, was my trip to Clymer at 6am.  Actually I left home by 5:30 to get there on time.  It was around 10 degrees below.  CHILLLLY!!  But we had a mission.  It has been a year today that we sent our friend Elaine on ahead.  Breast cancer is a nasty thing.  But Elaine had a bucket list and we are working on some of those things for her.  So today, was SNOW ANGEL DAY.  Some had a headstart last night, but this morning, from the Library window, this was the view...taken by Jane.  In the center of the picture, way up top, you can see Elaine and Bryan's driveway.  There are three in that yard, too.




Kristy had this one that was taken from the roof...


This what they looked like at 6:30 am....




Happy Snow Angel Day!!!



3 comments:

Donna said...

Happy snow angel day indeed! What a wonderful tribute to a friend. Enjoy Hunger Games. I liked the book more than the movie. Hang in there during tax season - it's tough!

Susan Anderson said...

Brrrrr.

I just read The Book Thief and enjoyed it so much!

=)

Jenn @ {Home} is said...

I don't knit, but I love to read! Love seeing what you are reading :)

i adore the snow angels, what a neat idea-and a special memory.