Wednesday, January 8, 2014

CHHHHilly OUTSIDE

Mighty chilly out.  Our school has been closed last Friday and then Tuesday and Wednesday this week because of the frigid temps.  I just go on as normal, huddled a little closer to the heater.  Computers don't really care how cold it is outside, as long as it's OK inside.  Put on another layer and type away!!

I should be getting lots of things done, but I'm waiting for my post-holiday energy to kick in.  There is a 'stuff' issue right now.  Some stuff is out, some halfway out and if you have college kids, you relate to the stuff that care home for break, but got dumped and a day before it must go back, it'll be pawed through, stuffed together and jammed back in a car for a return trip. 

I have a couple of tubs of Christmas that returned to the basement and is hanging in limbo.  Tell me, when do you sort through Christmas and combine and sort and group and toss??  Do you do that when you get it out??  When you put it away?  Is July a good time to take an unbiased look at the stuff that's there and decide if you want it or if it is worth keeping or trading or just what is this snowman doing in this box with the Easter eggs?  This whole nasty cold thing is still holding on to me and I run out of juice at supper time and I should at least be knitting or reading, but many nights will find me falling asleep, curled up all toasty.  I did manage an episode or two of the Gilmore Girls Monday night before the fireplace lulled me to sleep.

Such a nice visit we had last night with my niece and her hubby from Carolina.  They were North, but this year moved a 11/2 miles and now are South.  They made a quick trip up for a funeral, but had time for supper at Grandma's and we enjoyed the time we had together.  Can't wait for a trip to see her house...actually thinking this week might be a good time to head 8-10 hours south... just saying!!

So, as this year heads out, are you doing anything different or new or better or ...doing anything??  Have you hunkered down for the cold winter and immersed yourself in jigsaw puzzles, yarn and books, with a fire and baking thrown in for added comfort??  I HOPE so!  I am mulling around some quilting ideas and I have the need/want to get at one.  It's been awhile and I'm starting to feel rusty.  I keep stalking around looking for new ideas and inspirations.  Any time now, I'll just take off stitching.  I started cutting in the fall, but that is stalled and I think I'll leave it stalled until Scrap & Sew this spring.  Time to ruffle through the stash and see what hits me. 

Oh, but I could make this a YARN ALONG POST...  First one for me for 2014.
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"



I Picked this one up on my kindle from the Library.  I got a few new ones for Christmas, but I don't have a picture of the pile this week.  I still haven't finished the Christmas cookie one. Dragging that one around to places I don't take my kindle.  And then there is the knitting.  I might have mentioned that I've been falling asleep in the evening beside the nice warm fire.  SOooo... I knit just a little on that big Christmas stocking from 2 years ago...  and then I dragged the Terribly Simple Shawl out.  And I've dragged it around a bit, but not really made any progress.  I met the alpaca who gave me this yarn.  That should be motivating me.  Ok, I'll try harder.  And I mean to pull the green vest out and figure out where I am.  I could be wearing that with my new turtleneck that I got for Christmas from the hubby. 
Thanks for the motivation, Ginny and friends over at YARN ALONG.   I promise tonight to knit at least a row or three before falling asleep.  I'll feel so much better if I do.  I did mail out a little knitted love yesterday to a girl I like from church.  Sometimes you just have to get some love in the mail to make your cold day better.  Hoping that happens to her this week.  :o)
Have a great January.

5 comments:

steph said...

i'm always so anxious to either get stuff out and decorated.....or put up that I don't give it the 'once over' like I should----I love your idea of doing it at Easter!!! or July! Might solve the problem. (and believe me, it's a serious problem around here!!! too much stuff....I'm working on it!)

Donna said...

Ha ha - I'm waiting for my post holiday ambition too! That alpaca yarn looks so soft and I'm sure it will be extremely warm. In answer to your question about the book "Yarn Farming" - it is a year long journal by a woman who has a herd of sheep on her farm. It include patterns, projects, recipes... I think your friend would really like it.

Deb Hickman said...

Oh my gosh, I've seen on a few blogs how you are suffering with the cold over there. I really enjoy Debbie McCromber, they are such nice, easy reads. I love that you've met the alpaca who gave you the wool, how cool. Stay warm. Deb x

Susan Anderson said...

Can't even imagine how cold it must be where you are. It's a good excuse to get in some extra knitting and reading!

=)

Computer Repairs Salt Lake City said...

Thaank you for this