Saturday, August 10, 2013

Kingdom Bound was very very GOOD!

OK...
WOW!  That was more than weird!  I lost the first posting and I have NO IDEA why or where it went... and I didn't really save the new, so the old should have come back up, but...there is something a little strange going on...when I sign in, it brings me right in, but it won't allow me to BE in...if you are a blogger, you might get what I'm talking about.  I was going to add some books to my sidebar, but I can't get there from here...
so anyway...we'll see how this goes for now...

I was  inCanada for 3 days, then I came home and worked for 2 days and that night I was camping in Pymatuming State Park.  And I might have spelled that wrong...I'll have to go check... then I left there after the weekend and stopped at home to unload and reload and head out to Darien Lake Park for Kingdom Bound, which was pretty great.  It was just a lot...and on the way home, I told Scott I thought I might kiss the driveway when I got home...  still catching up on the laundry mountain and trying to get stuff ready to send college student #3 off for football practices starting Wednesday and then move-into-dorm-room on Sunday.  We are SOOOO not ready for this step of life.  And yes.  On Wednesday I will be spending the 4+hour ride home from Cortland crying my eyes out, as I have for the first 2 out of the nest...but they weren't that far away..and if I talk more about it now, I'll probably start.  Sometimes having the spiritual gift of tears is not so wonderful.

But, Kingdom Bound...we went with the youth group last year as our first visit.  This year we just had 3 families there.  Smaller group to figure stuff out with...we booked this a loooong time ago.  Before we knew who the groups and speakers would be.  I saw the list and thought...oh, I was spoiled last year by having so many of my favorites.  But it turns out this year was just as good.  And although it was sad news that NEEDTOBREATHE group member was in an accident and needed some surgery so they couldn't be there on Wed, the closing night, they were replaced by Mercy Me and they were wonderful!!  I took some pictures only with my phone and they were blurry at best. I so enjoyed Laura Story and Jenny Simmons (she used to be with Addison Rd) and then there was Robin Mark, who I 'discovered"  last year...Matthew West, Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, Hillsong Live...and more good speakers than you could fit in to your time slots. 
I guess I'll just close for now and hope this saves and shows and maybe tomorrow I'll figure out how to add my books to the side...

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Kingdom Bound, huh? Never heard of that, but it sounds intriguing.

Glad you enjoyed it!

=)