Sunday, October 28, 2012

just a little note...

Good Evening...
I'm sitting here writing when I should be sewing.  Or at least, I'm THINKING about sewing.  I have a project that needs to get done.  It is my overdue wedding gift.
Ooops! Now I'm back.  I got called out to watch Despicable Me.  I LOVE that movie!  It makes me laugh a lot and that's just what I needed on a dreary day like today.
OK...I'm on the 8th strip.  That one done and I can start putting them into long row joined together and measurable width for my batting purchase.  I have some batting here, but I'm afraid I've exceeded the 90" limit.  Sometimes you just need to do the sewing and measure.  All that subtracting out the seam allowances just gets too confusing at the end of the week.  Thinking about hot chocolate right now...ADHD...gotta get the 8th row done first... and now I'm remembering how much fabric I have left and thinking about putting a border of the blue around the outside or at least using it for binding, just to pull the blue out even more.  I might even have enough fabric to make a whole nother quilt, wouldn't it be cool to get a double sided quilt?? But considering that I've had this in my brain since June, and started cutting in August, I'd better just stick to the plan...
OK...got the pieces all sewn together and since I have the backing already, I think I'd better stick with the original plan.  A double sided quilt is probably more than I should try on my own...at least now.  I have the unofficial deadline of Thanksgiving for this to be completely complete, but I may just get it done by the 10th.  That would ROCK!  If I can piece two chunks of batting together and get the number I need, then I can proceed.  Otherwise, I'll have to make that deal...wonder if I'll have to order it....hmmm.... too late at night for math.... more tomorrow, I guess...to be continued...


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I'm sure it will be a great gift in the end. And the couple will be thrilled to get something made by your own hand.

=)