Monday, November 5, 2012

Sometimes.....



 A few weeks ago in Sunday School class, one of my friends was talking about the gift of hospitality and how she was feeling bad because she just didn't get around to it much at all, even though she had good intentions.  So I thought I'd help her and that Sunday, I called her and then dropped over to her house for a little visit. I was wearing some not-too-lovely sweats and brought my slippers along.  She was cooking up some apples and the aroma was yummy!!

So this week, I thought it was time for another visit.  Only this time I was sitting on the road, at the end of her driveway, calling on the cell phone.  The house sits back from the road a bit, and it was dark out, with the time change and all.  I called and asked if it was cereal time yet.  Yep, they were working on it.  In other conversations, I found out that Sunday night is cereal for supper night. We used to have homemade pizza on Sunday nights, but that comes and goes with the weather and the amount of leftovers in the frig more lately!!  Anyway, I drove in and came in bag and baggage.  I had brought my bribery items of goldfish crackers, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows and as you can see, it all worked out well.

 I also had a couple of snack bags of pretzel M&M's 'cuz I like them!  and one of my little buddies was happy to grab that.  He did a mix of M&Ms, marshmallows, and fish in his bag.  A walking feast!  Then it was shower time and good smelling kids came back in to see what we were doing.  I miss that age of kids.  My 2 youngest turned 18 and 15 in the past 2 weeks.  I went to hear Jim & Jill Kelly on Friday night and my friend let me hold her little boy while he slept.  He was very little and it was very nice.  OH!! So back to my story.  Dad took the kids up in the loft and I so enjoyed One Fish, Two Fish from my perch below.

After the story, it was another pass through, with bags zipped 'til tomorrow and hugs all around.  As you can see from this picture,  I got there at painting time and it was lovely.  There is a picture there for me that was too wet to take yesterday!  Lots of lovely blue...but she said "sometimes you get it on your fingers and you gotta wash them!"  Yep, that the way with a lot of things in life.....



Sometimes people hurt your feelings, say mean things, step on your toes, just aren't real nice.  And the best thing you can do is just wash your hands, so it doesn't stick to you.  Otherwise, it will build up and just make a mess.  Thanks Little Ava, for the wonderful advice.  I had a good time.  I hope you did, too!

No comments: