Tuesday, July 3, 2012

yarn along #1 for July

Greetings!  It's another wonderful week of YARN ALONG with Ginny...
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  to join in this, please link to Yarn Along and put in your link!!
Got a lot of stuff going as the AADD is in HIGH GEAR!!  Been a little distracted with the knitting, although I LOVE this twist and twine yarn..had to go back a couple of rows when I discovered I'd knit part of the row and purled the rest of it...not good.... but I'm going forward again.  I get just a mite discouraged because it doesn't grow much each row, but I just love the feel of this yarn  running through my hands.  It is still the Sunlight shawl for Sad People and I don't even want to hear from the lady who had her shawl done in 3 days!!  You come and keep me company so I can get mine done...FOCUS!!
I have also been working on something that I've given myself a deadline for.  It's a gift and a surprise, but a hint is the block on the left- it's my son and his friend through the truck windshield with music playing, of course! Dan's friend, Lee, is the one with the beard...I think he could have had a beard in 7th grade, but he's a graduate now and it's worth celebrating!!  I have such fun with these projects, but they take a lot of time and if I don't give myself a deadline, it could just last the whole summer or more!!  Nope!  Done before next week, not this weekend, next weekend...think I'll make it??
I'm still working on Lew's Horse Whisperer book, but I've decided I need a little fiction in my life, so I've added Casting On by Nicole Dickson.  I'm just getting started, but I'm sort of into books with knitting involved and since I've done the Debbie Macomber and a few others, I just search knitting and see what books come up.  I think I'll like this one.  Also doing my second week of Beth Moore's James Study...good stuff.  My sister is chomping at the bit as soon as we finish ...in good time...

So what's on your needles and on your nightstand??  Read any good books with knitting in them lately??

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I've been reading books by Diane Chamberlain lately. They are good!

=)