Friday, July 6, 2012

The lost art of "goodbye"

Hi... I just hung up on a phone call.  Someone had some questions.  I had some answers and we agreed on the best way to handle the rest of it.  And then I think the conversation was done... I did hear a click and then nothing.  Is it just me or are people losing the courtesy of saying "goodbye" before breaking the connection and hanging up the phone?  It is a little confusing and annoying.  I mean, really.  What would it take to say, "OK, Goodbye!" before you hang up on me?  It would keep me from wondering if we were done or just got cut off.  And maybe I wasn't done.  Are people not worth that much effort??  If you said Hello, please say Goodbye.... just saying.

Have a happy day!!!

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I like to hear a good-bye, too. Rude.

"/

Be Still and KNOW... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Be Still and KNOW... said...

Did we talk Friday ~ yikes if it was me.... I do say Good-bye ~ unless we get cut off.... and then don't always call back if I didn't initiate the call... That would be a good question for discussion, what is the protocol for a phone cut-off.... who calls back, so you don't spend busy time or end up listening to the message greeting 6x??
Love ya
Good-bye....

Baby By The Sea said...

I think a glimmer of 'polite' is falling from telephone interactions. It's all that texting.

Hannah said...

Oh I agree - that's rude! I sincerely hope goodbye isn't becoming lost :o(