Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yarn Along 4June

Greetings!  It's another wonderful week of YARN ALONG with Ginny...
"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  to join in this, please link to Yarn Along and put in your link!!

So glad to join in the fun again!  Wish I had more to show for my week, but hey, it is what it is....right Sue???

 Took this with my phone...not the best picture...but...I've finished my first interloan book, SHEEPISH, and it's ready to return to the Library.  And I picked up the second one, which is A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg, but haven't cracked that one open yet.  The Horse Whisperer is still waiting, but I've decided no more library books until I read and return that one!  Sometimes good books get set aside too long because you have a deadline on another.  under it all is James by Beth Moore.  We started that Bible Study last week, but all my friends are on vacation that are doing this with me, so our next get together is next week, giving my a little extra time for this.  I've done a lot of her Bible Studies, including Daniel last summer, and I really like the way she puts it all together.
The knitting on the right is a blurry and verrrrry slowly growing shawl.  It does take up most of the cord section of my circular now!  This is on my Denise needles, so as it grows, I can put it on a larger cord if I need to...I hope I need to, or this thing won't wrap around my next and show it's loveliness, which is my intention after all.  I am also looking for the set of little circular sock knitting needles that I bought online this early spring (during tax season craziness) and put somewhere, in a bag or in another bag and I thought they were in a zippered bag with the other needles, but alas they were not...  Do you think they sneaked into the sock basket with all the lonely singles ???  Anyway, in searching for the needles, I came across the sweater I am knitting this year that has only slightly been started.  It takes some counting and keeping track, so it was tucked away in exchange for the mindless stocking knitting and now needs to be brought back out.  I'm excited for another new sweater by me, for me.  I'm not brave enough to force a homemade sweater on anyone else yet, so I'll just keep it to myself.

The colors show up a little better here.  It is knobby and bumpy and the texture is just neat.  I bought it quite a while ago when my yarn lady was selling out a bunch of stuff and when I googled to see if I could find something to make with it, discovered the company is no longer in business.  So talking to the lady at the Red Brick Farm's Yarn Cottage, it was decided I could knit on with this til I'm running low and then switch to a bulky solid to finish it up.  I'm good with that...and I'm waiting until I have a bunch knit and see what color talks to me

Sooooo.... what are YOU reading and knitting or crocheting this week?!~?!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the colors and texture of your yarn.
I have been working on a Shawl and a Christmas Fairy I am trying to finish for Friday to put the pattern on my blog.

I am readying The War With Grandpa, it was my Sons.

With All That I Am
Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I would like to knit a shawl as well. What pattern are you using?

Karen Sue said...

Mary- On Ravelry, there is a pattern for free called The Sunlight Shawl for Sad People...if you go to my Yarn Along last week or the week before, you should be able to click the link oh, try this...
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-sunlight-shawl-for-sad-people

thanks Carrie- Can't wait to see your stuff...