Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Last weekend...

This was what was going on last weekend across the road from my house. It was the corn chopper and it was in the field where a bear had been spotted...not by me..oh, no, I just heard about it on Wednesday or so, so I was good with the corn being chopped down.. if there is a bear in there someday, I'd like to see it from a far. That would be close enough..or from my car with binoculars. You didn't used to see bears around here, but they are getting more plentiful and less scared all the time...

But the corn is down now, so fall is deep upon us and that's OK with me.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Wow, about all we see around here is deer...and I think that I like our situation a little bit better in that regard! (Although they eat all the vegetation, which isn't too cool for those who are trying to grow gardens.)

I did see a bear close up when I was at Yosemite recently. It was actually pretty thrilling to see, but I wouldn't have wanted to be any closer than I was.