Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Already?!?!?

Yep, it's Wednesday already. Time is just whipping by. We will have day 4 of Bible School tonight. I don't know why it exhausts me so. I go to work and then I fumble around the house until it's time to go to church and I don't seem to get much done and then by the time I get home, I am all done in. And did I mention I was leaving EARLY Friday a.m. to go on a week's vacation? Been waiting 4 years to go, so I'm more than ready mentally, but the packing needs to get done. Last night I went online to the DMV to get the form for Andrea to convert her Jr. license to a Sr operator license..and then went to work on some registration forms for our cars we traded...Still waiting for some paperwork from the dealership, but the temporary tags will run out while we're on vacation. Wonder who gets the job of heading to the DMV first? I say first, because mostly, it takes me 2 trips to have everything I need. Let's hope I can do it in one. Those trips tend to try my patience. So, yes, I did trade my car. And I got a new one.. and it was a Chevy.. and so far I'm pretty happy...I must be. I've been driving it a little over 2 weeks and I'm over 1000 miles already. I guess I never stay home. But I'm not driving on vacation, so I can cut down on my mileage that week! But so far I really like it. I didn't have a major problem with the old one, but perhaps a minor one that kept nagging, so when the hubby was making deals, he asked me to join in the fun and we both traded. I'm now driving a blue Traverse that can seat 7. He's driving a black Tahoe. We did OK. My Traverse is not huge, like my old Suburban, but bigger than my last Sport edition Equinox. I didn't hate the Equinox, but after I traded the Suburban, it seemed that we were often pushing the seating limit with the kids and I really think this new one rides better for this old body. Perhaps I could take a picture and you could see how lovely we look together. I used to think I would make sure to take pictures of all of our cars and then our grandchildren could laugh at them and say things like 'you should have kept this one" and 'why did you buy that?'
So one of my blogs-to-follow was the James challenge chick and we thought NO PROBLEM! and up to verse 12, I was grinning, but it has fallen by the wayside and now we have started our summer Bible Study. There are just 4 of us doing Beth Moore's Esther study. It was talked about by us before we had a study picked out and we decided for our first time, we'd not invite anyone else, just keep it the four of us... no makeups, no switching dates, it ends before the first week of school, so that was key to our get together. Like all her other stuff, this is good. We meet at 6a.m. at the church and watch the video and then have discussion until we have to leave and sometimes we just keep talking. It is much needed right now. The jug is running a little dry, so we come together to fill each other back up for the week...or month...I needed an extra dose today, 'cuz I'm missing next week. But I'll have my workbook and I'll keep up just the same. Kind of ironic, in the past we always would break for summer, but with this group and this meeting time, summer is our easiest time to schedule us together. So we are a secret sisterhood of the break of dawn basement Beth Moore bible study. No vacancy....
And I have had quite the run in with technology at my house attempting to re config the router with a range extender and communicate all the possible computer areas of the house. We have issues. If we upgrade a computer, we still keep the old computer and now we are rather into more hardware then we need to, but I think after a modem malfunction and a redo and another redo, yes, after 5 sessions with Linksys, we are still up and running. As far as I know right now.... but I've got to get going to pack for the Cape...and prepare my heart for college visits for Andy Sue...

No comments: