Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of JULY !*!*!*

BERT'S BERRIES

This was Bert's first time of U-Pick strawberries. He didn't believe me when I said they would weigh him afterwards...I wanted berries for the 4th, so I had gone out looking on the 3rd, but it has been so rainy, there were none picked, but the sign said 'you pick only- July 4th 8am-1pm.. and we were there by 9 or so. We picked 2-4qt baskets. Sunday nite after Bible School, I whipped up 2 batches of freezer jam and unfortunately, tossed quite a few of the berries that didn't weather the weather so well. But we ate a bunch fresh on the 4th and then again at church on the 5th, so I guess we did OK!
Here's Andy Sue on the right with friend Hannah, cousin Rachel, friend Carrie... this was before they started playing with fire... Give sparklers to girls 17-20 and you take 10 years off their age real quick!!
Carrie, Rachel, Haley, and Hannah... must be Dani is too shy for the photo!! Andy had trouble getting these 4 to stand still long enough for the Kodak moment!!

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

looks like a great time! Wow, that was a lot of berries!!