Friday, July 24, 2009

me and my friends are cookin' up somethin'

Yeah, it's true. It started with Elaine and I and all that walking and talking we did last summer and talking about how much fun we had in chorus and how kids today just don't know what they are missing like sharing lifesavers and cool stuff like that and now we are having a music day with our former chorus teacher and we will practice and then put on a concert in the evening where all donations will go to re-establish the Memorial Peace Award, which was given at graduation in memory of 4 young men who died during the Vietnam War. I've seen the Wall ... it was dark and not too many names were visible, but I found one of the ones I was looking for.. we couldn't see them, but we could feel them...as you walked along you could touch name after name of people who gave up their lives so that we could be free... sometimes I'm not too proud of what we've done with the freedom that they gave so much to protect...

So mark it on your calendar...Saturday August 15th... we'll be looking for you....

1 comment:

Be Still and KNOW... said...

I SO wish this was one week earlier... since I'll be in Clymer that week.... you don't think you could have done both the same day ;-)

So... Don McLean's "American Pie" is what I remember from Mrs Rhebergen's chorus class... and it certainly is a good historical review of the era.

I pray people catch the vision and reactivate the memorial. There are some things we should never forget. Thanx for doing this.