Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a Beautiful Morning...do do dodo DO!!

The weather last week.....

Right this second, it is not pouring buckets outside.. which is a HUGE improvement over some of the morning already. It is already Thursday. Yesterday afternoon, we visited Penn State Behrend campus. I liked it. But I'm not the one attending. Although, I do believe I could veto anything I was violently opposed to! These college visits are an adjustment for moms. We see a sneak preview of our kids lives in another year and it is scary for me...for her, perhaps scary, maybe more exciting, you can almost see little sparks of 'freedom' shooting off the other kids. And then you look at your little angel and there are little devil horns just starting to bud on the tops of their perfect little heads!! SO ANYWAY!! So far we have been to RIT, University of Rochester, and PSB. We will go to Houghton in August, and perhaps Mercyhurst still this summer. Have to figure out some SUNY visits, but maybe not until school starts. My stitches are healing well, but the whole bruised and beaten area is still VERY sore to the touch...that's easy, don't touch it, right?? More so, it is uncomfortable the thousands of times a day that you just set you arm here or lean it there. I'm thinking I'll probably take the stitches out Sunday. I have these super pointy paper cutting scissors that should do the trick, along with some tweezers. I can slide them around a bit, so I don't think they will be glued in enough to make me queasy...guess we'll see.

Did I mention how AWESOME our whale watch was last week, with 29 different whales up to our boat and a total of at least 40-50 that we could see around us??!! Humpbacks, Minke and one other kind... I'll have to think on that one... This one was just skimming over the water while his balleen filtered the water from the fish... we got to see this several times quite close.
I think the others were finwhales...they were longer and thinner... well, as thin as a whale... Dan's book tally- 4 finished-started another

Andrea finished 2 books and several movies, along with texting and Ipod management...


Me- almost 4 books... finished the last one Sunday night before I slept...

Scott- I think 3+ Dan was dipping into his supply, so he had to stay ahead of him...

Bert read 1+.. he is a factoid book kid, so this is less appealing for him...especially when he can explore rocks and water...

1 comment:

Hen Jen said...

wow, how cool with the whales! love the pics!

I cannot even think about my kids leaving for college, just.can't.go.there.!

we all love to read, too!