Thursday, June 4, 2009

so, last night...

Yesterday I worked, then I picked up Dan and went to his dental consult before the braces will go on at the end of the month. I am hopeful that he will do what he is supposed to, but if not, it's his smile...oh, wait, but it's my $$$! He will do what he is supposed to or suffer the rather of MAMA!! Came home and threw some chicken on the grill and some pasta in the boiling water and made some semblance of a Chicken Parm for supper before hubby had a client...When we stopped at the store on our way home for another gallon of milk (thinking about just getting a cow...probably cheaper!) he says 'oh, I forgot I have practice tonight' and his loving mom said " I didn't and you're not going, you're going home tonight." He sort of double dipped his baseball season and I'm not so wild about that, so I won't give up the one night all week, we're all, for the most part home, for a practice. He and Andrea were out in the driveway after we ate and still after Scott's guy left, with Scott practicing up for Gus Macker this weekend. Working on their shots and moves... I went over to the neighbor's with a buggy branch from the shrub for a consult and they were not familiar with my critter's but suggested spraying the bush with soapy water. It needed a haircut anyway, so I opted to first trim it way back and put those clippings into a fire and then to soapy water spritz the remaining bush. I will repeat this a few more times and hopefully it will handle the problem. In no other spots have I seen them, so that is good. When I took the sample to Mindy's, I first bagged it to protect them from the "plant cooties". So I left Hub to his pyro-skills with the fire and went and dug around a little and planted my blueberry bushes. It may not be their final resting place, but I needed them to be in the ground, growing, not on the deck, dying... we'll see what we get!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited about getting black raspberry bushes but a few weeks after they arrived at my sister in law's house, I put my 8 inch sticks with roots in the pot - hoping something grows!

Lisa Loo said...

Ah braces....we are coming up on our 4th set of braces--I think we just paid for the orthodontist's new vacation home.

Oh--and here is the milk thing again--see if I hadn't gone back and saw you planting those milk jugs earlier I wouldn't have known you were just teasing on this post about buying a cow--