Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I stayed home yesterday...

SSHHHHhhhh...Don't tell Katie, but I stayed home yesterday to work on her graduation project. I'm really likin' it! Sometimes you finish something and just wish you were going to be the one sleepin' under it. Her name is just on with Heat and Bond... I was hand sewing the binding on and Scott said too bad I couldn't put a little more pink on the quilt, because it looks so good on the edge. The other applique stuff that I did, I did on the blocks before I joined them, so I zigzagged the edges and could just whip the block around..not the case now, so I will find some pink floss to blanket stitch the edges on and I think I should be able to get this into the mail by the weekend.

I worked a little on Tyler's HC applique pattern ( I had the ND one figured out before) and sewed the backing for Tara's together and stretched that out on the frame and layered it up so it was ready to go and that is partly tied. I have the batting, but need to get the backing for Tyler and Lindsey's now...LOOK OUT, I'm on a roll!



Andrea, Samantha Hartman, and Sydney Bennink talk over the last softball game at Ripley...

A meeting of the minds in the infield... defeated 10-0... and then off to the NHS program...

Andrea and Nick Heil DOMINATE Chemistry!! Andrea received the Bausch & Lomb award for the top science student in the junior class... STOICHY!!
OK,... I'm off to work, but I think I'd better get my little self out here to weed my garden, now that it has rained and the blueberry bushes must go in the ground this week..... And I believe there are beans down there after all!! See ya later!!...

2 comments:

Paula said...

Wow! Love the quilt! I'm sure your Katie will, too!
Thanks for stopping by my place, Miss Karen Sue- please come back again soon!

By the way- I LOVE your "All I need to know I learned from my Hens"... that is awesome!

Lisa Loo said...

Stoichy--can honestly say I have never heard that one before.

But cool on all her achievements!

You accomplish more in a day than I do in a whole week--deep sigh...