Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF

I was going to promote a product I've been trying, but I got interupted in the middle of saving the picture and loading it into my blogspot... when I chose the picture saved as 'rock', I got this, which is an ever-so-cool icy water running over rocks photo that Alex took one spring or fall when it was cold and many of his pictures that day had ice involved!! But what I was REALLY looking for was the picture I saved as 'crystal'..
This is the crystal picture that I wanted. After I was in the swap of My Favorite Things with someone on a bloglist... I decided that I would send a few of my favorite things to 2 people that I was thinking of... so I did. Almost identical packages... and they enjoyed the surprise.. and the idea was to Pay It Forward... do something nice for someone just because. I am not telling you this to toot my horn, just to say what a nice surprise to have. I still write to Neva, although not every week as I once did. Shame on me, because even though mostly I ramble, I think she appreciates all the little newsy stuff that is going on with the friends from church and the neighborhood. But I so enjoye getting notes back from her. An email is appreciated - not a forward mind you, but a real email, but it just isn't the same as a physical note. I keep Neva's notes... I have them tucked here and there...some in a box, some in another pile, a couple in my calendar.. on my desk.. in a book. It is just so nice to see one and realize that someone thinks of me on a frequent basis, and I want to encourage you all to drop a note to someone you think of this week. It doesn't have to be a long one... just a thinking of you card with a line or 5. Make someone feel special...let me know you did it, so I can pat you on the back...
BUT>>>> The story with the posting is my sister then sent ME a goodie box and in it was this little rock... I put it in a bathroom drawer for a while, then I thought maybe I'll try it. She knows I am thinking more green these days...so it may have been a joke... but I called her this week just to say thanks...so far I really LIKE this crystal rock. I don't know if I have been a real tester of sweat yet with it, but so far, so good. She had picked it up at a women's health fair thing or other...so then we went together on line to see where we could buy these and low and behold, the Walgreens across from hub's Erie office is supposed to carry them. I'm thinking I may get a few more...especially one for Andrea, who is sensitive to stuff and had quite a rash from something during basketball season. I remember hearing about these last year when I was reading the things about walking the 3day, but hadn't investigated any further...so now you know!
Try one of these and tell me if you liked it....
Yesterday on a few errands with the hub, we happened upon a quilt store and he let me out and read his magazine in the car. I had decided the reason I had not pieced Tyler's quilt yet was I wasn't sold on the blue blocks material. So I went in, found a different navy and a maroon and oops! I guess I found a couple other things there, too. I'm thinking I need a new one for my bed. Both of the quilts on my bed were made for a queen-size and I have just rotated them sideways to fit the king. But it may be a hubby christmas gift...I then came home and started cutting, laid out those new blocks and smiled a bit, then redid one set of appliques and now I'm happy...so I am sewing into rows and rows together. I still need to get the other one off the frame, but I'll get there. Having 2 done right now is good with me. I feel ahead of the game, but must be careful not to slack before I'm done. I really DON"T like to be hand sewing binding on the way to the event!!
Have a great day. Tell me what you're doing...

2 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

Wow--I am going to have to find one of those and try it--just cuz I spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how it could possibly work-- wow---who knew??!!

Hen Jen said...

I like the photo, very nice!

I've been thinking of trying one of those crystal things, maybe one of these days!