Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time Flies!!

Yes, it does... has it really been that long since I posted?? Well, let's see...last Wednesday was so nice you were comfortable in Tshirt sleeves and maybe shorts, but this week, we added several inches of snow to our counter in Findley Lake. Alex was home for the weekend and managed to do some more brush collecting/sawing/piling in the area we are trying to clean out. My plan is to plant some apple and pear trees there, but we'll see if i can bring that to fruitation!! I imagine we are over the 300" mark with this last blast of winter. Yeah, we had that much... Sitting here in Ripley, the snow is gone, but just over the hill, my many inches still remain. The driveway melted a lot yesterday, but there is still some there and more ...lots... on the grass. I am tired of it, but as we are in the last mad dash of tax season, I really don't have a lot of time to enjoy it, so I guess it doesn't really matter until next Wednesday... yep the countdown is on!! And I know Cheryl is counting, too. I saw Mark stumbling around Cub Scouts the other night as I collected the pile of stuff that I had been adding upstairs for one of our returns...we just kind of nodded to each other... BUT THE END IS IN SIGHT!! I don't want you to get the wrong impression. For the most part, I enjoy tax season. I like to meet new people and see some that I might only see once a year. We had a whole crew of Ukrainian people this year on the recommendation of one of our last year clients. That was fun!! And we do a weather man and some politicians, and several police officers, a lot of really sweet older people, young families with new babies, and people who have had losses and are still feeling weepy. It is a good time and even though I am tired, brain & body at the end of tax season, I look forward to the next year, when Nancy comes through the door with her BIG smile and piles of papers and is so HAPPY to see us!!
GET THOSE TAXES FILED!! Why talk to the box, or go around the BLOCK, when you can come and see my smiling face!!!

No comments: