Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good day...

The lake is below winter level right now. They dropped it below for stump removal and it is a good chance for some of the property owners to make repairs and cleanouts of their own. It will be back up to regular winter level before we know it. Although I had all good intentions of taking my bowler to the alley and then coming home to walk the lake, I had to get a gallon of milk and saw Bev taking in the books from the book drop and I ended up in the Library for almost an hour, but that was fun!! I like to chat with Bev and don't get a chance often enough.... and while I was showing her something, the cutest little Amish boy came up to see what we were looking at and he let me pick him up on my lap and he sat there until his mom was almost done checking out her books. I told Bev I was just having a case of preschool withdrawl! That Melvin was quite the cutie!! He had a little sister, but his dad was holding her. I hope it wasn't a problem that the kid was learning to blog!! I had been there so long, I needed to check out some books, so I grabbed a couple of decorating magazines and one by Katherine Stone that I hadn't read and Knit Together by Debbie Macomber, which I have read, but want to re-read and although it came out in paperback this month, I didn't see it at Wal-mart or Sam's and I haven't been to the bookstore for a serious look. Besides, the prices at the Library are much better :o)... I am settling in here in my new space which is sort of workable and still a work in progress. I think it might be time to sew something and break it in. I started giving away quite a bit of stuff that was leftovers, then I was reading a blog and I saw someone's bed quilt and it looked like all those pieces I was sending away...just random blocks, like the couch cozies everyone snuggles under around here...so although they may not still be my first choice of colors and patterns, I think mixed with others, they'll be just perfect and I am going to start collecting them from different storage spots around this room and see what I come up with. Bev said she couldn't blog, because she doesn't have much to write, but I just ramble on ,randomly...it's what I do...

No comments: