Tuesday, July 22, 2008

making my goal

For those of you who don't know, I signed up with a friend to do the Breast Cancer 3Day walk in Cleveland August 22nd. We signed up in February and it was plenty of time to get ready. Matter of fact, perhaps I was lulled into a false sense of security! Now we are down to the final month..one month from today is our first day. We will walk Friday, Saturday and Sunday, an average of 20 miles per day. Besides having time to train, we also signed an agreement to raise at least $2,200 each to walk. Elaine and I have both met our goals and are now surpassing them!! It is such an awesome feeling. We walked together this past Saturday for 18 miles. A lot of talking!! Figuring out what works equipment-wise and what doesn't. The ice chest foot bath is a winner on our training walks!!
You can tune into my 3day site by going to http://08.the3day.org/goto/karenbensink

No comments: