Thursday, July 25, 2019






Been busy, oh so busy, and oh, how I hate that excuse.  Perhaps its an admittance that I have been plugged into different, faster social media, and neglecting the blog posting.  Partly, because I don't really have followers, so the 'likes' on instagram and facebook stroke my ego.  Not a pretty thing to confess, but it's the truth of today's culture.  Why do I care?  It just fuels insecurity. Rotten social media, anyway

off on another trail.... I got a new camera a year and a half ago.  My old Kodak had a dock attached to my computer and you'd charge the battery and upload the pictures with a couple of quick clicks...  Then I replaced it with a camera that was so-so.  I really like this one better and I have used it quite a bit, but I don't put those pictures on that computer.  They are on the laptop... and I don't make a habit of posting the blog stuff on the laptop.  But I guess maybe I should get back in that habit... Take a few pics and then post them and keep track...  I have in my family, a new dentist, a new mama and baby, a new daughter-in-law, a new sewing machine....a new car at our house and my mom's and 2 kids... it might be an epidemic...

I spent a couple of evenings knitting a row or two... but haven't sat back in that chair for several nights, so the knitting lays abandoned and waiting...  I'm better at reading.  When I'm riding to work or trying to get sleepy, I read and I finished this one and loaned it and it's already come back.  I MIGHT have a slight book issue.  I buy books and read- alot!  and I get discount books and ebay books and book sale books - I'm not picky... and I read and share and stock and stack, but I've again run out of room.  However do you decide what to keep and what to get rid of?  I have quite a few unread and waiting, but many have been read and.... what now?  Time to send some books home with people.

I've been doing a little sorting in my sewing/craft space for the same reason.  When you can't put stuff away, because there's no space, it's probably time to make some stuff and share some fabric.  So the pile grows... it's right over by the overflowing book wall..

Have any of you tried ZENNI for glasses?  I did it for sunglasses - so much cheaper than my eye doctor.  Then I got a pair of fun glasses to swap in.  They may not be as wonderful a fit as my regular ones, but sometimes you've just gotta switch it up.  The sunglasses though are the bomb!

I have a bunch of running around for the next few weeks, and that's ok.  Some involves campgrounds, where book and magazine rule the day.  I've been known to join in some hands of 500, but I'm no card shark and I enjoy doing it without rhyme or reason and that drives some folks crazy, so I'm picky about who I play with.

SO much rattling in so many different directions, but it's a post.  Go read that Sold On A Monday book and let me know how you liked it.  If you're local, you can borrow mine.

Let's talk again real soon...  About Toronto and Hillsong and wine trails and The Good Witch....
These 2 girls are good traveling companions!  Even my hubby thinks so, as he hauled us 3 women to Toronto and back - and he'd do it again in a heartbeat, cuz we're so FUN!


1 comment:

Be Still and KNOW... said...

I love your fun glasses—- and a good pic of you... miss your sweet face and spunky humor. Hope a trip souther is in the not too distant future. Found something today I just HAD to get for you ��