Saturday, March 31, 2018

March Reading - the update

It's the last day of March.  I've been off my game.  I've been working the crazy schedule of this season that we try to anticipate and prepare for..but never do.  What starts out as managable, ends up more than out of control and we ride it to the deadline and we are not sure how we do it.  Sleep is at a premium.  Eating take out while working, swiftly loses its appeal and we struggle to the end, knowing we will having to recover a little more.  The house is only as dirty as the dog hair and shoe dirt that falls, as we go from door, to bathroom, to bed.  Sometimes more of a stumble than a stroll.  The hours and the days blur together and I am saddened that all the people that I so enjoy chatting with each year, catching up with their lives and their families, start melting together a bit in these last 2 or 3 weeks. 


Tonight we are taking a little break.  We have no place to go and no one to see.  The office is filled with work that needs doing, but tonight, we need a rest...mind, body and soul.  So, I'll pop on the sad update on my March reading.
 Stay the Path: Navigating the Challenges and Wonder of Life, Love, and Leadership
 Didn't finish it.  I'm not that good with non-fiction.  And this was a good book, but just didn't have me on the hook as a can't-put-it-down read.  I've added to my fiction list and that's not bad for the month of March.
So I'm making my plans for my week of rest in April.  Not getting up is on for most days. A bit of sewing and sawing.  Some reading.  Just what have I NOT been doing for the past 3-4 months?  I think that I miss that part in my winter.  Things like chillin by the fireplace...binge watching Netflix... knitting... jigsaw puzzling...lounging around...

1 comment:

karen said...

I do hope you get to knit and sew and relax! Sounds like you've been ultra busy and some rest would be wonderful!