Thursday, April 9, 2015

2 months

Can't believe it's been 2 months since I wrote a post....yet again, I can believe it.  It is almost over.  This crazy, busy time of year that I both love and hate.  And I am ready.
I write this every first quarter of the year.  We are Tax people.  That is what feeds our family and funds our life for all the other months of the year.  So we make hay while the sun shines...and the moon and while the snow drops our temperatures to negatives.  We work a regular day, then we get more comfortable.  You know-sweats, slippers, sometimes a curling-up blanket.  Then we work another shift.  We work with people in front of us, and we work with what they drop off and we re-work it when they call to tell us they forgot the new baby or the new address or found some other important papers that must be included.  We laugh and listen and sometimes shed a tear, as our people share their stories and catch us up on their lives.  They ask how our kids are doing and pet our dog and sometimes bring him a treat.  Because we are all a family.  And it's a good thing.  But even families get tired and as the deadline approaches, I realize the importance of my own time... quiet time... projects for me time... sleeping in... so I'm putting the machine on and you'll have to leave a message starting April 15th around 6.  If you didn't do it by then, it'll wait.  But I'll be around.  After the resting...

No comments: