Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yarn ALong - Happy October!


"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading (though not at the same time!), and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~  Ginny at Small Things..."

If you click on the link, you can hop over and get some great inspiration on books and yarny things!!



As for me, I'm working on the Juliette.  It's kind of a concentration thing and I'm a bit lacking and have had to unravel because of it.  But my mom and I were talking and she said she heard that if you are having trouble, string a piece of yarn along the needle and then attempt your knit.  If it is a mess, you just pull it off and run your needle back through the yarn path and start that row over again.  Sounded too easy.  But I've strung it through the past 4 trips across this vest and knowing I have a safety net is HUGE!  Also, math minded, figuring out that my repeat is 14 stitches, I slid a large coated paper clips at the start and then each repeat, I count stitches and if it's not 14, I'm only out that one stretch.  If I'm good, I bend it open to slide it off and then pinch it and slide it back to start over.  This, too, has saved my sanity.  I have too many interruptions to keep track of 215 stitches, so I am grateful this week for this two lifesavers that may just make it possible for me to finally wear this vest that I started over 2 years ago.
I also have that little sock yarn sock in a bag and knit on it occasionally and mindlessly.  It is on one of those little circular needles and it's not very slippy, so i have to keep sliding it along.  There is probably a tip to make it more slippery, but then I might just slide the whole sock off the thing, so perhaps I should leave it alone.  The other two pair I knit a few years ago and on DP needles, so this is a new experience.  Not sure if it is preferred to dp or not.  I still have to attempt a cable.  Have to find an easy project to do that on.
I do have a project bag with my Christmas stocking project in it that I pull out from time to time, but that needle also tends to be a stickier project.  So, after a few rounds, my finger gets sore from the pokiness and I trade off to another knit....or perhaps to my book.

I finished the Peculiar Children book.  It was pretty good.  I didn't really think that was the kind of book I was picking, but it all turned out OK.  Now, I've started A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick on my Kindle.  I have several Bible Study books that will be on the string for quite a while, because they are group efforts and we moved at a group pace, but I think the youth girls books were good picks so far and moving through Captivating slowly will be good, too.

 A Single Thread
What are you reading and knitting or crocheting or just getting ready for winter doing??

No comments: