Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Yarn Along in February....



"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  Ginny at Small Things

Hop over here and get some good ideas for reading, knitting, crochet, who knows what else!


This week in Yarn Along, I'm reporting in with busy-ness.  Seems not enough time for any fun.  But (perhaps it is survival mode) I pop into the Library to return something I just can't seem to get into, and might read later, and some nice ladies chat for a few minutes, and we exchange book thoughts, and I leave with 4 books under my arm.  How can that be?  And I'm hoping to crack one open as soon as possible.


I have to finish this one I started on my Kindle.  It's quite short and is professed to be the prelude to the one I just finished and returned to the Library.  I don't know that it matters which order you read them in...thinking this was after the other, but I guess I'd have to check the date to be sure.  The Sea Glass Sisters by Lisa Wingate is on today's reading list....


Lisa Wingate was good.  I just finished the other one... I recommend it for a feel good read.  It was The Prayer Box.  I didn't want it to end - we'd become friends.


  This was the first suggestion from the Library Ladies...Barb said that everyone that checked it out was bringing it back and saying how good it was.  I traded The Book Thief in for this.  I will go back to the Book Thief, but I have to make a run at it another time. Once We Were Brothers.  Anyone else read this one??


 Since she walks her dog past my house, and we walk our dog past her house, she thought this one might be a good one for me, too.

16045105There were 2 other books in my pile and I can't even tell you what they were....another Wingate...and ...something for my friend's daughter to check out...

I love having friends at the Library, don't you??




















And then there is the knitting...not much of it.  But I did just need to do SOMETHING last week/weekend, so I have this Dropped Stitch Cowl in Lion brand Thick and Quick.  And it was.  And I am mailing it off to a special person...she can use it or gift it.  I'll be making another real soon!  So, what's on your needles??










No comments: