Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Yarn Along Jan 15th

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  Ginny at Small Things...


It is getting to be my busy season.  Tax season is taking off.  That means not much time for me at all to pursue reading, knitting, much at all, actually.  But the drive in and out of work lends itself to just a bit of time when I really can't do anything else.  So I bring along both.
For reading, I'm working on my Homelife magazine.  It is a new subscription I got from Lifeway.  I had originally ordered MoreLiving...I think that's what it was!  Any way, it was geared to my age people.  Kids growing up and leaving and figuring out where you are and if you want to make a change in a lot of areas, because, I don't know, you're 50 or older and it's just time to step out!  But they discontinued that magazine and this was another one they offered.  I'm liking it quite a bit so far and it's only my first issue.
For Books:  I'm reading Hattie Big Sky on my kindle.  From my library, it's a Newbery Honor book and I'm really liking it.  Not so deep that I can't just pick it up or put it down whenever I need to.  Good to read an accounting of life in our history. 
The knitting is slow.  I work a few rows on my Terribly Simple each day, but that doesn't grow it too fast.  That little ball on yarn was a gift from the alpaca visit/yarn buy and it has a hard center.  Hoping that knitting to the end of the ball will get me a nice little shawl/scarf.  Yep, I'm hoping that little center core is not taking up too much room where yarn should be!!  I'm thinking I might need to add a bit of something else to make it come out to a wrap-able size.  My Sunlight could stand to be longer, so it will stay wrapped better.  I slipped a ring on the ends the last time I wore it and that worked OK, but we'll see where this one goes. 
I still have several zippy bags of started things, but I'm trying to stick with this, then pick up that green vest....

What is on your nightstand, coffee table, or in your work basket??

4 comments:

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

no knitting here... it's all school school school for reading too. sigh... maybe next week will be more exciting!

Luisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The title" Don't Lick the Minivan" is humorous I can't wait to read it. I discovered audiobooks and playaways are another great option when life gets busy it helps pass the time.

Nicola C said...

Very thouughtful blog

Karen Sue said...

Thank you. It has been awhile. I miss this routine, but job and life changed.