Wednesday, October 2, 2013

YARN ALONG - OH, OCTOBER, you are what I needed...

It is October and beautiful outside and just right temps and I just want to knit and read... so, here it is
  "~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"
Join us, Ginny and her friends, for this first Yarn Along of October 2013.... see what we're up to!!

What I'm knitting:
Let's see...on the weekend, we did quite a bit of car time with the camper, and since I don't drive with the camper behind, I had reading and knitting time.  I decided to work on the fingerless mitts, or handwarmers in really red.  They were soft, fairly mindless and I threw in a bit of seed stitch for a change in the middle...
They are knit as a flat rectangle, then seamed, leaving the space for your thumb where ever you wish.  I like my fingers covered quite a bit, but you could do them however you wanted...I have one rectangle finished and I'm past the cuff of the second. 

.
  I've made a couple pair like these and they work pretty spiffy.  My brown ones are what I wear to walk when it is cold, but not bitter cold.  The vest is on hold...but not for long...Next week I'll have to show you what I got from the high school ag teacher who has alpacas on her farm!!

And my READING:  I finished The GoodLuck Girls of Shipwreck Lane.  It was really good!  Not real deep, but good.  Sometimes you just need that.  Or maybe it was deep.  It was just an easy read.  And I haven't read a Newbery in a while, so I picked up Dicey's Song.  We will see.  I also loaded something on my Kindle, but can't remember what it was...didn't start that one yet.  But there was a Country Living magazine this weekend, a Quilting magazine, and this Mother Earth News...easy reading...

Scrap & Sew is next weekend, so there are arrangements to make with that, and I have to pick up my machine from the oil change shop and I had decided that I would take some of my UFO's and get them done, but I just have a hankering to start a quilt.  I have collected fall fabric for a few years, and this just might be the time to break it out.  Or not.... It will be show and tell and then you will know.

Last year, friend Elaine pinked her hair for October.  Elaine isn't here this October, so Willowe and Kristy and I went to see Deb and we each got some pink for Elaine.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  I forget it, then someone looks at me with a puzzled expression and I remember and smile.



Happy October!!

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I love October, too. And I am in the cozy book nook mood myself.

heehee - Love the pink parts of your locks.

;)