Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yarn ALong ** Jan 16, 2013**


 It began in early Fall 2010 as a way to share knitting projects and good reads; motivating ourselves, and inspiring each other.  Every week knitters, and a few crocheters as well, link up and share a photo (or two) of what they are knitting and what they are reading.  Knowing that Yarn Along Wednesday is coming up is a great way to stay motivated to finish those projects!  And I, for one, am always on the lookout for a great book recommendation as well.

" ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~" ginny


This is where I was....happily knitting on my Juliet...then I started hopping around on Ravelry and wondering how the different lengths looked on people...and much to my distress, I read way too many project reports where they said it was much too large in size, so they frogged it back....so I slipped in another section of my Denise needles and slipped this onto my shoulders...I agree...too big...gotta come out...so I did a couple of measurements, and then remeasured... after all, I was already about 3-4 inches under my armpits!!!
And Saturday night we popped in RV and I stayed awake the whole time!  This is a major accomplishment for me!  And I unraveled and I wound balls and unraveled and wound.... and this is where we start over...a size smaller and hopefully a wearable garment.  I'm counting this as progress that I don't just dump this into a basket somewhere, too discouraged to go from here...
But while I was figuring and pondering and thinking...I worked on some other stuff...the camo fingerless glove has gone along to a few basketball games...small, mindless, distraction from sitting.  Sometimes it is just too crowded or too exciting to knit, but sometimes it's just what I need... Then there is that new cowl I started...just jumping off the size of my Gaptastic that I like so much and wore to Monday night's game...picked up some yarn at Joann's sale last week and started on my gift list...all three of these projects are small enough to still fit in one bag.
THEN>>  the books... still reading in the Happiness Project, but this will be a year long read, along with the Bible reading project.  Also reading The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom for my Table of 8 get together this Saturday,... it's good, and I'm enjoying it, but....

The Library called and my interloans are here and I ordered THE WELL by the Casting Crowns guy from my local Christian Book Store.... Now the pile on the nightstand is getting back to that dangerous size.  Just seems that some snow would keep me home, snuggled up knitting and reading...how about you??

Check out the other YARN ALONG projects at Ginny's blog....


2 comments:

Alisa said...

good to know as this is in my queue as well!! It's never fun frogging but not much you can do but move forward!!

Susan Anderson said...

I've just read a couple of good books by a writer who is new to me: Jojo Moyes. I loved them.

=)