Sunday, September 16, 2012

I LOVE Hemlock Lake

We went to the Finger Lakes Fiber Fest at Hemlock Lake NY on Saturday  all day.  It was such fun!!  This is one ball of yarn that I balled up today while watching a movie with my college girl.  I got her some creamy brown in bulky to make a scarf/shawl to accessorize with this winter.  I balled up one of her 2 hanks, too.  I have 3 more to roll, but I can't wait to start something with this to see how it turns out, so I cast it on and now I'm thinking I want to get another set of needles, because I have my interchangeable one in here and I really don't want it going to Fredonia next week, so that's on my schedule this week.
Off to Slippery Rock tomorrow morning for a college visit.  Dan was there for basketball camp a few years ago, and knows just a little about the layout, but we are needing to get up early and set off in the dark to be there and ready to go before 9am.  I wanted to get him back for his practice and Bert's JV game, so I picked the earlier of the 2 time choices.  Hope we learn lots and it doesn't rain for our 90 minute walking tour of the campus!  I really don't want to do the whole unbrella thing.  Better do a mapquest and then get some sleep.  Never a dull moment around here....
More stuff to look forward to later this week.....

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

And I love the colors in that yarn!

=)

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Pretyy, pretty colors...