Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yarn Along - July 18





~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~   Ginny at Small Things


It's a slow go, but I'm making progress.  I do have some concerns that my shawl will not block straight enough and it will hang around my neck funky and I won't wear it.  This is The Sunlight Shawl for Sad People that I saw on Ravelry and I found the most wonderful yarn and then I stuck it away and now it is slowly coming to life!  I know, I know, I've been working on it for over a month.  But I've been doing some other things that I'll show you in a minute, and that has taken away from my knitting time. We are headed to Lancaster in less than 2 weeks, so if this isn't done by then, it's going on a trip!  Already ordered a couple of books from the Lancaster Yarn Shop and I'm excited to get there.


























I finished reading Casting Off and I liked it...enough that I've already passed it along to a friend.  I hope she likes it, too!  Now I've got The Pioneer Woman going!  I picked up 3 books at the Library, but I'm into this one right now, so I guess they will wait..  I had a couple on hold in interloan, but they haven't arrived yet, so I'm good!  We did our 4th session of Beth Moore's James this week.  It's a good study and a good book of the Bible to read...so....what are YOU doing these days???


2 comments:

Ellen said...

I think the shawl looks lovely and such a pretty color - reminds me of autumn (which won't be too far around the corner). Our church is going through James right now (from the pulpit). I'm in 2 Kings on my own reading through the history (sad, truly) and lots of cookbooks and a whole lot of browsing of other books.

Susan Anderson said...

I've been reading lots of Diane Chamberlain books, and I recommend them.

=)