Friday, March 25, 2011

Scrap & Sew #15

Good Morning!! Get your stuff packed up! It's time for Scrap & Sew 15!! Can you believe that we are on #15??? And still going strong! Willowe has been there with me every time. Several have been to most and one will be there for the first time. This it the best time for friends. PJ's, Chocolate, sit and visit for a whole weekend... and maybe get something done, too. I don't know if my scrapping will look like much. It is still pretty trashed from last year's graduation frenzy, followed by going-to-college-and-stickin-pictures-on-the-dorm-wall. It may be an organizing time, and that's fine. I also have a couple of easy sewing projects and then there is the knitting. Knitting is great with friends. And who knows...we could pop out on some errands...in our pjs...it's OUR party, after all. Someday we'll even get a band to come in and entertain us, but not this time. Just CD's.
Gotta remember my SS lesson, and my skit for Children's Time...and the crockpots, and the ladles, and the stuff in the freezer and frig. and stop for some thread...and a rotary cutter for my friend who has misplaced hers. (we're bag people - it's in one of her bags, she just can't find it yet...and everyone needs at LEAST 2 rotary cutters. I have 2!)
Here's a goodbye wish for my friends going to Florida this week. Have fun Kathy & Hannah & Barry!! Go find some sunshine!! Be back soon!!
I just keep circling around my room, wondering what I want to work on this weekend. I always take WAAYY more stuff than I will ever get done, but that way I don't get bored or feel the pressure to stick with something. Sometimes sewing is noisy and you just need to knit or scrap. It can be very much a mood thing. I never did my Breast Cancer book and now might be the perfect time to start it...or be a very hard time to touch the stuff. More on that later. Just put in a prayer for friends who have to deal with it...
Best get moving. I want to take a load to HIExpress on my way to pickup stuff.
Have a great weekend...and get some sleep!! One of us should!!

4 comments:

Be Still and KNOW... said...

I'm always a little sad that I am so far away when you do these... think they would be great fun and a way to remember that I do enjoy craft time... I'm glad to get a private one ;-) though!

Byrdbyron said...

I'm with Brenda this sounds like such fun. I've always been more of a techno geek than a crafter, but found I've started enjoying crafting. Starting on my second baby quilt this weekend. I may be hooked! Have a great weekend.

Lisa Loo said...

15 already?! Whenever I go to something like that, I get nothing done but thats okay because its therapy for me just to be there--does that make sense? I'll go take a nap for you right now.....

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Julie and I were talking about your SS weekend on Saturday when we got together to sew. We agreed it sounded like a good time, and I hope it was. Looking forward to reading what you were able to accomplish - even if it was just gabbing through the entire weekend.