Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bert the chef

We have a new cook in our house. It is Bert's turn for home ec. and he has on several occasions asked me if I want him to cook dinner! Well, last night we worked on some stuff together. He is also loving my new mixer and I said we need some cookies in this house and that's your job. So he grabs out the Betty Crocker with a gleam of a boy who loves cookies and doesn't see the whole thing as a chore to complain about. He suggested a few options that we were missing the ingredients for. One took a certain measure of cold coffee....I guess he was making them for Cheryl, because we are not coffee drinkers at our house. Pass...then he found gingersnaps. I think we can do those, so he fired off the ingredients and we had them all.
I was just finishing making my mini meatloaves, so I put away my stuff and he got his out. His needed mixed and then set into the frig for an hour, which meant an hour of TV time while they chill! In praise of his prep skills, he put all the ingredients away when he was done and put the bowl and the cookie sheets into the sink. When I saw the amount of dough in the frig, I said "Shucks, guess we should have doubled THAT recipe! Roll them small, Bert!" and then I went out to process returns and when I came back in, the lovely little baked gingersnaps were on the table, the rest of the stuff was cleaned up and the chef was ready to be tucked into bed. And they tasted yummy!!
I know I should post a picture of Bert and the cookies, but I'm away from my camera right now, so I may add it later...also thinking of seeds that need started and lots of other life stuff...
Waiting for more seeds to arrive...waiting for my S&S stuff to arrive...waiting for my new sweater pattern and yarn to arrive...guess I may as well load that copier up again!!

Later, gators!!

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Ya gotta love a guy who's good in the kitchen!

=)

Lisa Loo said...

Cute story! I haven't had gingersnaps in forever. I need to do the seed thing too...

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Cleaning up is the worst part; sounds like he's a good worker.

Be Still and KNOW... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Be Still and KNOW... said...

oh my darlin Bert... have I got some projects for you! Do you just want to finish this semester here and I'll take you back in July?