Saturday, August 14, 2010

I was going to do better...

For a while, I was posting on quite a regular basis. Then I hit some speed bumps of life...and then I had come back and realized how I was skipping many days at a time. So I was going to do better this week. I did projects Wed. and took a.m. pictures, but Tuesday Andrea's computer came. It is a lovely shade of spring green... BUT.. I called for a little tech support from DELL, and in a twinkling of an eye, all has changed. Well, it took well over an hour on the phone and I didn't have an hour, as my walking partners were walking - truly they were already walking when I got there! But her computer is up and running and she has a week before leaving for college...no, don't make me cry. I can wait for that... and I don't know that I have the couple of hours that I need to set aside for tech support to sort out what they did, why the wireless desktop doesn't have enough umph, why the booster always has a red light, why I can't upload any pictures because it bombs out, even when I have the connection. Think I'll wait until Andrea is at school to call and 'fix it'.
so...the boys decided that the big bunk system that was custom built in their bedroom had to go. So they emptied their stuff out on Thursday before football practice, then Friday they took off the matresses and got out the crowbars and now we're ready for a hot dog fire!! Lots of holes to patch..nails to still come down. And there was stuff that just moved from one side to the other. The carpet will be saved for now. Heck, I think it looks better than the stuff in my bedroom. Dan wants Longhorn Orange for the walls and I said probably 2 would be OK...then he said 'and 2 black walls' and I said I don't think so... We'll work it out. Quickly. Because their bedroom is in my living room and in the garage and some is downstairs. And it started with someone sanding the paint in the bathroom that had flaked because of lingering wallpaper paste in those 70's plaster swirls. then andrea wanted to do the painting, so she painted the ceiling to start, then I went for a gallon of paint and had no idea of color, so I bought a shower curtain I liked with lots of color and grabbed a handful of color strips and while I was at Lowe's, the bathroom ceiling fixture is horrible...and it is a little tricky as the electric box is in the ceiling and most lights for the mirror area are on the wall. And the old one had 2 gaudy, ugly pendant things hanging down that you had to have 3 hands to get into to change a bulb. But while I was at my sister's house this spring, I admired the new light in her kitchen, which was on the order of track lighting, but not quite. So I located one I liked and placed it into my cart. Unfortunately, someone had previously NOT been as careful and one of my 3 globes was smashed...totally smashed. I called and they said to just bring it back for replacement, but I asked if I could install the light and then bring the box with the broken pieces and replace just that and she was fine with that. So, today I will go back to Lowes, get some paint and a few other needs and then home to work on this project. It has to be done before school starts, but as our house is starting to look like the next episode of HOARDING, between the boys' room, the bathroom and Andrea's college piles...CALGON!!!

3 comments:

Be Still and KNOW... said...

Oh darlin.... I'm tired just READING this! Too bad I didn't have more time in NY... I could have been the gopher ~ or the third hand...

Now I'm going to have to come back up to see ALL your projects ~ not just your beautiful bathroom, that seemed to always have someone in it when I was there!

Love ya.

Susan Anderson said...

Boy, you have a LOT going on. Hope things settle down a bit soon.

=)

Conny said...

Yikes!! Maybe in a couple weeks things will slow down a bit for you. That's a lot to think about and do.