Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday... Homeland Job Security

Hello!
Today I am at my Ripley job. I have a problem. Although I would never think I am a morning person, when everyone leaves in the morning and I come back from walking the dog and Mary...and today Liz's dog, Sally, went too. Anyway, your blood is kind of pumped up and you get the creative juices flowing and I went down to my creative space and started to try something I had seen somewhere else and thought I could copy. And I did, and it turned out OK, so I did another and then another and then I had a set of 4. And I thought 'this is really fun and not so hard and I could just sit here for hours and do this.' But since 4 of the things that I had created could not be traded for groceries for my family for the week...and maybe not even a gallon of milk, I thought it best that I go to 'real work'. Of course, I didn't start any laundry, sweep any floors or really clean anything else...and tonight I will be at Basketball all night watching Dan, so it'll still be there. I like to think of it as job security... it make me feel safe ...not having ever witnessed enough incidents of people trying to perform the tasks that I am know to take care of on a semi-regular basis, I think I'm safe...I am the HOUSE WIFE, sort of.

OH, oh, oh!! I saw another surprise when we walked this morning, so if I remember to swing around there with my camera, I'll share it with you...

Taking my glasses back today. After 3 weeks of exclusive wearing, because I know that is an important part of your complaint, that you haven't been cheating on your new glasses with your old glasses, I have decided that something is just not quite right. I'm thinking it may be the location of the bifocal in the lenses, but perhaps we can adjust the frames a bit...however, I'm thinking it may be a very uphill or downhill look at that point, so we're going to the glasses people to have this checked out. Tune in another day for the continuing saga of 'As The Room Spins'. If the world is going to look like this all the time, then I may as well take up drinking. At least I'll have a good excuse...

Later, gators....

6 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I've had to get my bifocals moved several times in the past. Sometimes adjusting the glasses just doesn't do the trick.

Good luck getting it right! At least you gave it a good trial first...I can only ever manage to bear it for a week when they're wrong.

=)

Karen Sue said...

Sue-
I did just get a 'nose adjustment' and it seems to be better. We'll see after a few days.
I told the hubby, who has been bumped enough to look a bit crooked that he needed his straightened and I think it will help his headaches...can't hurt!

Ripley Library said...

Thank you so much for those 4 items that kept you puttering for a bit. They are adorable. I showed them off at knitting class and everyone thought they were neat.

Taking Thackeray for his annual check-up this morning. Wish me luck!

Alex said...

Confucious say, "fixing thou glasses fixeth not a crooked face"

Karen Sue said...

Alex-
I love you 'cuz you're so much like me..HA HA!!

Conny said...

Hope your new glasses work out and that you don't have to wait for new ones. :>) I've been looking through the bottom of my glasses (tilting my head up) for weeks now; can't wait until the new ones come, but that's another 2 week wait.

Have a great weekend. Cheers ~