Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just 2 things...

Ok...thing #1
Just when I finished writing that wonderfully deep post, a guy came in my office. He brought what I wanted, so we went outside together. Last week this guy wondered how my kids were set on bikes. Seems he cleaned out his garage and he had a bike to get rid of. His friend has bought the bike, rode it twice, and passed it to this guy, who rode it once and put it into the garage. Bike riding was not in his future. I didn't answer last week, but when he asked yesterday and gave me the details, I said "I don't have a bike!!" I broke mine last summer and put it out by the road for parts with "FREE TO A GOOD HOME" on it. It was soon scooped up. Now, with my new goal of improved health and well-being, perhaps I can give this bike a workout! It won't be REAL cold for a couple more weeks, right?? Oh, I think I have a better picture...I'll swap it when I get back home...or later...or not...from this picture, you can't see the mud splatters from the old apple guys driveway....all the way up to the window tops...no, I wasn't going fast....much....

Thing#2

When I started my new book for the Fall Into Reading Challenge that I'm doing, I discovered that some things happened in between Cedar Cove Book 8 & Book 9. In looking a little further, and questioning my mom, we looked on the web and found that there is a Cedar Cove Christmas book that came out in between that is inserted in the sequence. So, I called my friend Nancy at the RIPLEY LIBRARY , who, luckily for me, had the Christmas missing link and I hopped over and picked it up during lunch yesterday. Not much chance to get started on that, but stopped CC #9 until I find out what happened over Christmas...

3 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I have a bike in my garage that hasn't been touched for years. I should give it to someone who will use and appreciate it.

=)

Ripley Library said...

Hope you got the chance to read the Christmas Book. I think I might try a little reading on our book club book tonight, Shockwave by Clive Cussler. I've never read him before but he might be interesting.

n

Unknown said...

Good luck with that bike riding. I noticed my bike has another flat tire. I don't ride it much.