Friday, May 29, 2009

There shall be showers of blessings!!

We have had a good amount of rain after a beautiful and hot weekend. It was really just what my plants needed, I think. I'm still waiting for my rainbarrel to appear, I think yesterday would have overflowed it..such rain!! Need to get out there this weekend and pick up the leaves and helicopters that have fallen in the tomatoes!!

***I think I see some lettuce popping up in a row.. did I really plant them that close together?? Salad anyone? I like mine fresh on egg salad sandwiches..

**** add some little onions growing here.. need to plant another row or two over by my peppers with some carrot seeds, you know, like Harold (the purple crayon kid)

*** These are my Mother's Day flowers.. my pick, I went for the blueberry bushes

I went to the preschool program last night. It was a little weird, because there was no tension feeling..no responsibility for me. No set up or pick up. I used to say God was in charge those nights, because after we lined up, I was on a roll and couldn't really tell you much of what I said or did...I didn't mind them, really, just rather a blurrrrr....kids grow up so fast. Hug them and squeeze them and never wish for it to hurry and be over...
***
*** I am so tempted to show you the quilt tops for graduations that I have been working on... but that would spoil the surprise. How about just a block or 2? The Climb is a Miley Cyrus song that the girls listened to before the basketball games.. so I found material with mountains on for each side and then appliqued on the words...and there is the softball uniform, complete with the graduate's number... shh..don't tell her.

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

No comments: