Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday, blues day..

so, as I sit looking around the mess I've made, wondering if I will move anything this morning, I decide to sort some laundry and put a load in the washer, and a load in the dryer, and then I go back to the question at hand and then I start to clear off a corner table thing that has had the same model car on it for almost 2 years... and then I decide that yes this is the right thing, but I'm not sure how to get it out this door and in the next, so I head out... did I mention I do alot of morning work in my flannels!?!? and then I get the distress call from DH to give tech support a call and see if I can get his computers in his new office online. So I call and then I have to go to the machine I am setting up, so I head up and out the door with the cordless, but I lose her after I get over there, so I get the other phone, call back, push 1, push 4, get someone else, explain the story again, give the phone number,which never gives them us because at some time we were entered with the wrong area code, so our number never comes up US, even though they change the area code each time...hmm...
so now this chick with a strong accent tells me I must give her the numbers off the modem to find my account info, which is down in the old office, so I head down there, but I am too far from the base, so the conversation is rather crackly and we must try several times before her number and my number match, then she tells me to go back to the computer and get to the input screen...so, wait, I'm down and that is up. I get up there to the desk, get the correct screen up and she says I need to type in the last 4 digits of this number and then the password we should try....wait, wait, wait, she didn't tell me to write them down and bring them back and now I am away from that place again... back down to the old office and write the numbers off the modem to enter, upstairs to type in the numbers, that do not work, then try this other way... then she asks if it is a Time Warner router and I said I was never given that option... they set me up with the modem and said to get the router and now the router people will have to help me with the rest... ARGH.... people who think teaching preschool is frustrating have never been honest about adults. So I am getting the signal from the hub and say I will have to check out something else and call back again. We are technologically challenged... we know enough to get stuff to a point, then because I ... I don't know why... perhaps because it frustrates hub more than me, I do the tech support calls. We were told by a chick at TW earlier that it would be easier and cheaper to just use wireless connections to hook up in the new office, then the TV cable re-adjuster comes out to boost the signal that got weak after the splice and he says we probably have too many walls and doors between, so I am going home to no signal... and a messy me space and Cub Scouts from 6-7:30... perhaps I will just go and sit somewhere and work on stuff I have to do for SLB or go see Anna, but it may be her eating time...

No comments: