Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy Happy 2019!

Yeah... I will be writing that year wrong for several weeks.  Who am I kidding.  Somedays I still try to start with "19.."  oh, yeah.  I'm that girl.  It's a pause day, but sometimes those just leave me floating.  Not sure if I should start something, try to work on something, or just grab a new book and lounge in my chair with a fire in the fireplace.

I have a tree still up with minimal decorations, cuz that's what I felt like this year.  It's a little burnt-out side effect.  UPDATE:  I went upstairs and took the 12 frosty balls off the tree, the 1 other ornament, and took the tree apart and boxed it up.  Last Christmas I decided to go artificial.  There are allergy issues in my house, so I dropped my need for a live tree.  And what a deal I got!  A friend had a tree with white lights that she didn't want.  She wants colored lights, not white lights.  She got a good price after Christmas on this tree and when she went to put it up the next year, she was so disappointed  that she went and bought another tree with colored lights and she was happy to get this one out of the way!  The box really is kind of bulky... but the tree... if you go artificial, I LOVE IT!!

I did a few things and wandered around a bit and didn't write this.  I'm trying to clear some counter space in my workroom... my craftroom... my disaster area, actually.  I am trying to stash away wrapping stuff, put away any leftovers, and toss out scraps of paper and put away things that have a place.  Part of the problem is, there are many things that don't really have a place.

 This has a bit of my time and a lot of my heart these days.  Being a grandma is pretty wonderful.  This was a good kid Christmas and next year, we'll have another one to wrinkle paper with.  It's funny how we sound like our parents and grandparents now, talking about how time flies.
 I'm hoping that we can get good help, and strike a little better balance in the work of  'crazy season' here.  We are going to try to make a dinner date together every other week.  If not, the days just slip away and I forget how good a little hug can feel.  Elli has the cutest curls, and as a curly, I can appreciate the look.

I know it was a long, dry stretch.  I'd like to say my writing will pick up.  With hardly any readers, and a crunch of time, it doesn't take long for 3 months to go by with no posts.  And I haven't been reading those I follow much either.  I'd like to think I could get back to writing... we will see.

Right now I think I need some chocolate... and another Hallmark movie...  Happy 2019

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl. Love those curls! Next year she can help decorate your tree... and you will have LOTS of ornaments. Just can't be fussy where they land. 🎄🤗