Friday, December 29, 2017

More Snow - We GOT that !!

This was my view, this morning, out my front window.  I like having a window over my sink.  I know it is not a requirement in all homes, but it definitely a bonus in my book.  If you are going to do dishes, and kitchen sink work, it just makes it more pleasant when you can watch the world at the same time.  We have received a huge dump of snow.  If you watch the news, you know that Erie PA was a state of emergency, with the National Guard called in.  We are 1/2 hour from Erie, but lovingly known as THE SNOW BELT.  We usually get more snow than the City of Erie, and this time, I'd say it was close.  The biggest problem with them is, they don't have anywhere to go with the snow.  We are used to it.  We blow the driveway 2-3 times a day and don't drive around if we don't need to, and when we do, we kick our trucks into 4W low and take it easy.   But, I stray from my original start...
So, when the snow is up to your mid to upper body parts, the kitchen window is a great place to look at it from.  And I feed birds.  I know that my bird friends like the black sunflower seeds.  I don't get the feeders filled until the snow comes.  My mom feeds all year.  I'm not reliable enough the rest of the time.  Not enough time spent at the sink.  But, at this time of the year, there is something relaxing and comfortable to be had by spending time at the sink.  Maybe some good music in the background.. or maybe blaring loudly... smells around you - candle or cooking.  I've walked across today to the office.  Casual Friday here.  Slippers, yoga pants, and a comfortable sweatshirt from Newfound Lake, NH.  Newfound Lake- It was a nice place to visit and I visit it in my mind each time I put on that sweatshirt.  My yoga pants have never done a yoga move in their life.  But if I SHOULD think about yoga, I'm set... just casual attire.  The snow is starting up again.  The day is slowly fading, from light gray to dark gray to nighttime.  I have a date tonight with a fireplace.  Perhaps a little with a sewing machine or cutting some fabric.  Stuff I want to do.  To make the winter a little more comfortable for someone else.  Stitching up some love.  So I guess it's time to head that way... another winter day in the books...

1 comment:

Cori said...

I LOVE that picture. My Grandmother loved cardinals and we buy "the good food" to get them to our bird feeder. (Which we have, but he is a tad nervous and we haven't gotten a picture of him). I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog and picture, it means a lot as I have missed her during the holidays.
A child's picture book has been our family's favorite this Winter is Red & Lulu by Matt Tavares (its worth checking out of the library if you are a bird lover). Best Wishes to an amazing 2018