Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CRUNCH TIME!! Yarn Along -- April 9th

Here we are at Crunch Time.  And our other guy is out sick today.... this is my lunchtime diversion....

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~"  Ginny at Small Things


My reading, if I can stay awake, is mostly while riding to work or as I climb into bed and try to slow my brain down.  Do you have to read to sleep?  Even for 3 minutes...So I have a assortment of magazines and also this Wanda Brunstetter that I have been dabbling in since Christmas.  I just can't embrace the reading of multiple books at the same time.  So I need to concentrate on this one.  I took three of my Library books from last week to my mom, who was looking for one of them at the Library anyway, and then picked up Sarah's Key on DVD from my library and knowing I couldn't fit it in before the weekend, I dropped that in with the mom delivery.  I still want to read The Book Thief before I watch it.  I think that might be the better sequence.  Do you read the book first, or watch the movie first??  I haven't read The Hunger Games yet, but all my kids did, so we watched the movie and I've watched it a couple of times.  Dan tells me I need to read the book.
If you will notice, I have made a little progress on my Juliet.  I counted stitches and realized that I went one row too far on my increase, but I'm not going back...I'll adjust as I go  I am going across and bound off one sleeve and just into the second sleeve.  I'm excited, because this is a project that has been frogged a couple of times and I knew I just needed to plow through and get it going again.  I have never made it to the bottom pattern, and I have a ways to go on my top still, but it's all good.
So are you reading?  Knitting?  What's going on with you these days??


yarning

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such wonderful and uniform stitches you have... I'm excited to see it all finished.

Unknown said...

I find reading helps me sleep - like you say, even it's just for a few minutes it's enough to make your eyes sleepy and your body relax. Good luck finishing your Juliet :)

karen said...

Lovely green!! I do have to read at night it always relaxes me and sends me off in blissful slumber:)