Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yarn Along...April 17th

Here it is....I have my life back for the rest of the year...well, sort of...back to as normal as possible...lots of taxes are filed ....hurray!!

So...It's probably a good thing I LOVE Yarn Along, or the posting on here would be next to none, lately...

" ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~  Ginny at Small Things "

So for reading, I've finished Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs and I really liked it.  As a divorced woman, perhaps I can relate to parts of it more closely than some.  Whatever, I'd recommend it to you. Got this one on my Kindle from the Library.  I'm sort of getting into that service.  And then I manage my Kindle and return it from my chair.







And while I am finishing this book, I'm also trying to read my next Newbery Book, which is Thimble Summer.  Just getting into it.  Hoping to gobble up the 3 I have here from the Library before I need to renew them...a second time. I have a couple of others on my nightstand, threatening to topple over on me. I'll have to see what else calls my name tonight.
The Yarn...well, that's a slow one right now.  I'm needing to finish up a quilt for a gift before Sunday, so I'm thinking the knitting might not happen.  I've barely gotten anywhere on the Terribly Simple, and now that I've got some thinking time, I need to get the Juliette vest out and try again.  The joy of knitting...you can always try again.
So...tell me what YOU are reading and knitting and check out my Yarn Along friends here.




3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I love checking books out of the library on my Kindle! When my son was a newborn it really helped keep me sane. :) (And it helps that I have a Kindle touch, which made reading while nursing easy!)

Susan Anderson said...

I like Susan Wiggs, too. And I just finished reading the last of Marcia Willett's books, which were just as good as the first ones!

=)

Hannah said...

The book looks interesting - thanks for the recommendation. I hope you find time for some knitting soon :o)